Recent content by sotam123

1. sotam123

What did you do to your VW/Audi today?

Finally got to fixing the rear HVAC flaps on my A6...been getting an electronic/gear noise coming from the back for a while now...after doing and autoscan and searching online I found out this is a pretty common fault on the C7 platform(especially in colder climates where heat is used)...
  2. sotam123

RenoClimat - Prêt canadien pour des maisons plus vertes

i did it for a new heatpump(replacing a 10year old ac unit with a multizone heatpump), make sure to take the time to follow all the steps on the CGH website in the correct order. You will need a free renoclimat evalutation of your house before you do anything..I heard delays are pretty long...
  3. sotam123

Got the tires mounted and the new e-tron wheels mounted on the A6. Fitmet is perfect im really happy. The car honestly feels the same on the 30sidewalls 21s vs the factory 35 sidewall on the 20s I was on before. Also got around to replacing all the oilcooler gaskets and the flanges since i had...
  4. sotam123

Picked up some 21" e-tron wheels a few weeks back...had some free time after work today to double check my calculations and see how they would look like aired out. Pretty happy with how they look on the car, next is tires...after I complete the maintenance i have left to do! I'm due for...
  5. sotam123

Finally got the A6 tuned after exceding the extended emission warranty mileage. Malone stage 2 that i got done at Stancedubs and pickedup my car from rawtek afted they got the DPF delete made for the car this week. I went with a catted version and i'm pretty happy. The car sounds almost stock...
  6. sotam123

Slate Tile re-sealing

Hello all, I have a shower with black slate tiles that I would like to reseal. I know for a fact that the tiles have not been sealed in atleast 5 years. Does anyone here have a shower that uses natural stone and has already gone through the process? There are an awful lot of products and...
  7. sotam123

Haven't been on here in a lil bit but i'm alive lol. Mo real car updates for now..had to replace the smc check valves on my 2 air compressors a few weeks ago since they failed(lasted me barely a year). Decided to go with the beefy checkvalves this time soo well see how long these last. Besides...
  8. sotam123

After 2.5 weeks of waiting I finally got the replacement dipstick tube from Audi and got the A6 put back together. As much as i like the e36, im glad i not longer need to rely on with ans drive it in the salt/snow with summer tires(fun though)[emoji28]. Gonna do a major cleaning on both cars...
  9. sotam123

Decided to perform an intake manifold cleaning on the A6 tdi. Took it appart to take a look at it easnt as bad as I expected but decided to go ahead and do the job anyways. The worst was the inlet of the manifold and the pre manifold intake pipe where the egr port connects to. Got everything...
  10. sotam123

Qu'avez-vous fait sur votre BMW aujourd'hui

Another e36 manual swap update since its been a while..i think last update was in early july when i got the chassis subframe mounts reinforced..that same week i got the manual ZF installed and wrapped up the car very shortly after. Got the driveshaft with the manual 1st half rebalanced and got...
  11. sotam123

Rear subframe mount reinforcement plates got welded earlier this week and got the subframe back into place. Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
  12. sotam123

Got the rear subframe back from sandblast on monday(everything was actually much cleaner than i expected prior to getting it blasted) and I put a few coats of enamel paint on it. Waiting for a big order of parts in order to keep going with the rear end assembly and the manual swap at this...
  13. sotam123

Oui quand même pas pire serieux! Il a quelques petits defaults mais pour un char de 25ans c'est vraiment pas grandchose! Today at lunchtime I decided to spend 30mins and press out all 5 bushings from the rear subframe. The 2 front ones were completely shot..the rest were actually not that...
  14. sotam123

Started slowly working on the car since Sunday. Got the driveshaft/exhaust removed and had to fight with a few broken manifold studs. Yesterday I got the complete rear end removed and dissassembled the subframe. I will be replacing the bushings since they are toast and will be getting...
  15. sotam123

I was the in vw-euro section but just noticed there is a "what did you do to your car" post here so i might aswell use it. I Attached a few pics of my BMW 328ic that I purchased 7hrs from MTL this winter. It is an Auto but the goal was to eventually manual swap it. Over the winter i basically...
Back