2017 Edition - Your bikes/Vos motos

I feel the pain, waking up at 4:30 too Thursday. I didn't know it was you until I read here later yesterday after the ride!

Bumps are a bit scary at night when you're not used to it but my bike held just fine despite the 80's technology.

Sometimes adjustable suspension sucks. I had my shock rather firm. Was not pleasant.

Aside front nose dive under braking, I don't really see the point of firm settings on open roads, there's always a bump waiting for you.

Because racebike?

The 327 isn't to bad. It's more to balance out the rebound. On the OEM shock it would wallow in the corners like a pogo stick.

Because racebike?

The 327 isn't to bad. It's more to balance out the rebound. On the OEM shock it would wallow in the corners like a pogo stick.

Yeah, your setting would probably be perfect for the regional roads like the 327, 329 & 364. Milles-Isle is not terrible when you can see well though. It was getting dark and exacerbating the bumps as they come more of a surprise.

Because racebike?

On a smooth road, the chassis won't pogo out of nowhere. Imo, some softness is needed to absorb bumps even if it makes the bike a bit less sharp, otherwise you'll fly and lose grip when you hit bigger bumps just like you said you did on the way back.

I never experimented a fully adjustable suspension for longer than a dealer test drive though, my xt only has compression and preload in the back.

I can guarantee every hard corner on the stock shock would pogo, even on smooth roads. The suspension would compress then shoot back. It's a major complaint about the Dukes, and you can't get an R model here.

Meanwhile I bottomed out a few times in the front yesterday, plus tracking in deep crevices thanks to my narrow tires was scary at times.

Still had fun though, but would prefer to ride in the day next time!

On es pas dans un pays du tiers monde icitte...

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Lol justement c au Cambodge que j'ai appris à rider ! 15$ la journée pour un dirtbike ;) jsuis down d'en refaire mais c'est fukin cher ici...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Les gars j'achete quoi comme pneu pour ma sv650 ???
Aucune track, je l'utilise sur la rue seulement... je regardais pour peut etre acheter des OEM (Dunlop d220) mais j'ai lu que c'etait pas trop la coche comme pneu...

Rien de trop aggressif... ces mon premier bike et j'apprends encore pas mal...

Get your suspension adjusted... The guy at Elka did wonders on my bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Meanwhile I bottomed out a few times in the front yesterday, plus tracking in deep crevices thanks to my narrow tires was scary at times.

Still had fun though, but would prefer to ride in the day next time!
Ouais de jour c'est plus fun pour voir où on va... Ronin avait l'air confortable de leader dans le noir au moins et je pouvais avoir une idée des bosses à venir selon le sautillement de vos phares! J'ai bottom out une fois devant aussi, mais moins pogo que j'aurais pu imaginer overall

Back