2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

They cancelled the British open golf tournament and Wimbledon how seriouly can we have a British Grand Prix.

Forget the actual season and restart it in Australia next year.

Yep... Just softly saying it's cancelled. I'm standing by my comments. If the season doesn't start by British GP the season is cancelled

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

What is so special about the British GP that the you believe the season will be cancelled at that point?

Concorde Agreement stipulates 8 races minimum for an official Championship. Anything less than that, then the season could get cancelled. If they come to Spa/Monza end of August early Sept and this crisis is still raging, then possibly the season is done. What could also happen is Montreal get's slotted before Austin but mid October weather is a toss-up for fans. Yes, they've held races in October here before so not out of the question. In that scenario they can stretch to Singapore mid September and still declare an official championship if they go ahead with Montreal, makes 8 races. Still lots of time before the season gets cancelled.

Personally I would not want 8 races. May as well hand Lewis the championship on a gold tray. I think 10 at the very least but even then it's an easy win for Mercedes.

British GP/ Hungarian is the halfway point. A race happening in Italy is slim to none at this point. It's all assuming international travel restrictions are lifted. The promoters aren't going to hold races with empty grandstands.. maybe in Singapore or Abu Dhabi. COTA already bleeds cash. What you will see are GPs with minimal staff, no hospitality or outside functions

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Each GP is a money maker.
I don't believe anything will be cancelled even if there's only Abu Dhabi left, after the social distancing is lifted.
That's also why each official cancellation is being dragged all the way to point of no return.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Nope not for the hosts anyways. Most of the calendar loses a ton of cash and it only appears to make money because the govs in many places offset the loss. There is a tourism benefit and bump in local economy yes but there was that study done a few years back that here the Jazz Fest actually brings in more money.. granted its spread out about 12-14 days vs a 5-7..

Places like GB where all the fans are locals bleed money like crazy. Even Mexico does, we pump in 10-15 million. COTA is around 20-30 million... F1 economics are terrible.
We are lucky in Montreal in that we the locals can actually afford to go, however 600$ a week and now you can't bring booze is getting annoying.

Nope not for the hosts anyways. Most of the calendar loses a ton of cash and it only appears to make money because the govs in many places offset the loss. There is a tourism benefit and bump in local economy yes but there was that study done a few years back that here the Jazz Fest actually brings in more money.. granted its spread out about 12-14 days vs a 5-7..

Places like GB where all the fans are locals bleed money like crazy. Even Mexico does, we pump in 10-15 million. COTA is around 20-30 million... F1 economics are terrible.
We are lucky in Montreal in that we the locals can actually afford to go, however 600$ a week and now you can't bring booze is getting annoying.

You’re not a business man, are you?

You’re not a business man, are you?
Don't you have to get beer with Danny ric? The only net benefit of F1 is the tourism it brings it but in places like Montreal is not that much. If it wasn't for subsidy there would be no race here and in many places. F1 is a failed business model.

In Texas the State football game draws a bigger crowd

Don't you have to get beer with Danny ric? The only net benefit of F1 is the tourism it brings it but in places like Montreal is not that much. If it wasn't for subsidy there would be no race here and in many places. F1 is a failed business model.

In Texas the State football game draws a bigger crowd

We had beer and pie, good times

I’m down to not get a triple day sunburn lol

Won't be an issue for me, have stayed away since 2014 lol, except for the Saturday in 2017 when they had the Historic GP event. I much prefer to be hot than freezing. Being cold, shivering and not being able to stay warm no matter how many layers you have on ranks up there with having teeth pulled. In 2011 it was very unpleasant. Mid-October date could be a total lottery for weather, you could get literally anything. First race in 1978 'there was rain/sleet on Saturday morning and 5 degrees for the race on Sunday.

Weather in October these days is pretty good. Better than the non sense now

I've noticed for the past 5-6 years that spring is almost non-existent and goes almost straight into summer in mid to sometimes late June. Fall on the other hand, we get two full months of fall from early mid-september to about a week after Halloween when the white shit starts coming down.

Vettel and Ferrari to part ways https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-of-2020-f1-season.KBuBQw6AsUvOhB6p7IU9c.html

"My relationship with Scuderia Ferrari will finish at the end of 2020. In order to get the best possible results in this sport, it’s vital for all parties to work in perfect harmony. The team and I have realised that there is no longer a common desire to stay together beyond the end of this season. Financial matters have played no part in this joint decision. That’s not the way I think when it comes to making certain choices and it never will be

Back