brake pedal to the floor?

Ouvre les bleeders, pompe la pedale jusqu'a temps de voir des bon jet d'huile sortir.
Ferme les bleeders
Pompe la pedale a brake 3-4 fois, ouvre et referme les bleeders pour faire sortir le restant d'air.

Last edited:
Messemble vous etes tous dans le champs? Faut pomper la pedale avec les valves fermé. Tu pompes, pedale vient dur ---> ouvre la valve, pedale va dans le fond....ferme la valve, lache la pedale ----> repeat.

Moi je fais la.methode a al scrap iron. Surtout quand je viens de refaire une ligne ou bien de changer un caliper. Ya tellement daire qui rentre la que pompe avec le bleeder fermer pour les premier coup ca prendrais trop de temps donc aussi tôt que je commence a voir du jus sortir je ferme les bleeder et je fais la méthode classique. Pompe, maintient, ouvre le bleeder, ferme le bleeder. Recommence.

Moi je fais la.methode a al scrap iron. Surtout quand je viens de refaire une ligne ou bien de changer un caliper. Ya tellement daire qui rentre la que pompe avec le bleeder fermer pour les premier coup ca prendrais trop de temps donc aussi tôt que je commence a voir du jus sortir je ferme les bleeder et je fais la méthode classique. Pompe, maintient, ouvre le bleeder, ferme le bleeder. Recommence.

This. Quand le systeme est vide au complet ca vien pas a bout avec la methode ''conventionnel''

Chu mérhanicien.

Bingo! those are my brakes. Should I remove the calipers and recheck my work? Maybe its leaking inside? or just continue to bleed?

No, stop removing your calipers, you'll make the problem worse.

They don't have apparent hoses that go from one side to the other, but they have pistons on both sides.

That means fluid HAS to travel to both somehow, so they must have internal passageways where the fluid goes from one caliper to the other.

You separate them, air goes in.

What you need to do is simply leave everything installed and bleed bleed bleed. If you're going to separate them again, buy new seals and replace them. They must be soaked by now.

I use a broomstick cause I don't wish brake bleeding on anyone and I'll take the punishing boredom with enough beer and weed to get me through it. My car has electric seats.

1. Pump brakes until hard. KEEP FOOT PRESSURE. Pedal might not have any pressure at first if there is a LOT of air in, so at first, I would say Al Scrap's method is good for getting a system filled up initially.

2. While foot is still firmly applied to brake pedal, stick broom handle between seat and brake pedal, move seat forward electrically for even more pressure. Luxury is important.

3. Hop out, open bleeder (JUST ENOUGH TO SEE GOOD FLOW, they can suck air in through the bleeder thread if opened too much) for about 3 seconds. Do not let pressure go down too much or broomstick falls to floor, pedal comes back up, air goes back in, next thing you know you haven't finished the first wheel and your 6 pack is almost done. That's a HUGE problem. So in short, never ever let pedal back up while bleeders are open. Open slightly for two seconds, look at fluid and eventually rejoice at air bubbles escaping a pressure reliant system like american slaves of the late 1800s, close bleeder, go back in car, remove broomstick, top off fluid and repeat.

4. The broomstick method takes time, but it works perfect and you save the grief of having to explain everything to your girlfriend while she wastes your time, beer, and brake fluid by allowing more air in the system during her initial fumbles than there already is.

All cars have an order to bleed the wheels. Most is start from the wheel furthest from the driver, but it's just a shortcut to say "Start with the longuest brake line", not all cars are plumbed the same.

Last edited:
Should I not consider the master cylinder to be faulty somehow?I find it really hard to believe it would somehow go bad just because I removed the front calipers. anyhow...

In total I've bled all 4 corners 3 times starting from the furthest from the master to the closest.

First time I did it LudeSR's way,which is basically what ThePapi just wrote up(Thank you by the way).

Then I did it Al_Scrap_Iron's way and its still the same shit...Pedal gets about 1/4 pressure(not even) and then it goes to the floor

Going out now to try to bleed them again...lol If this doesn't work I'm bringing it to a garage tomorrow.

Bleeder des ligne a frein qui ce sont rempli d'air ca prend plus que 3 fois pour être bien bleeder. Tu peux bleeder longtemps en criss.

Bleeder des ligne a frein qui ce sont rempli d'air ca prend plus que 3 fois pour être bien bleeder. Tu peux bleeder longtemps en criss.

How long should I bleed each wheel?There seems to be only fluid coming out with the occasional small bubble,there doesn't seem to be enough air in the system to make the pedal hit the floor every time..Tomorrow I will bleed them thoroughly once again and if that doesn't solve it,I tow it to a garage.

So...turns out there are 2 bleeder valves per caliper on all 4 and there is a sequence(front right,rear left,front left and then rear right).I NEVER would have notice or thought of that.

I will update tomorrow.

Back