Status
Not open for further replies.
sspikey said:
Hey logik
if your so smart
WHY a 3" exhaust on an n/a motor?
im curious
arent 3" turbo application exhaust?

Usually, yes, but the KA is a big engine, and big engines need to breathe. a 4-1 header and 3 inch exhaust usually increase top end power, but sacrifice low end torque, but the KA is big enough to keep that low end torque, even though the top end is increased. A 4-2-1 header with 2.5" exhaust will increase torque and top end on a 1.8 or something, but will choke a 2.4liter. Same reason people with V8s put 3" straight pipes on an NA motor.

And before anyone says V8s are twice the size as the KA so that's why they use the 3", you're wrong, a 3" pipe on each side of a 4.6 liter Mustang V8 means a 3" exhaust for each 2.3 liter straight 4.

mwa jdit tu met des rotor que tu forge la tete au complet en + delever les valve spring (sert a rien) + 2 coup de massu dans lexhaust (3 risque de le percer donc arrete toi a 2) pi avec 2 pinte dhuile din piston

ben kwa tan ka dire nimporte koi ... aussi bin lui dire sa

bon voila ske jai trouver

SOHC pistons in a DOHC motor make it 11:1 compression. Shave the head and you can go higher, but then detonation becomes an issue.

The problem with making NA horsepower is the KA's long stroke. Horsepower needs revs, and the KA just can't handle high revs.

Here's the list of stuff that would be needed:
ARP head and main stud kit $289
Valvesprings and retainers $319
Valves $319
Rods $689
Injectors $289
MAF $199
ECU $250-500
Headers $300
Exhaust $250-1200
Pistons $100
Rebuild kit $289
Port and Polish $500-1000
Standalone $2300-4000
Valve job $200
Balancing $150-300
Walbro 255lph pump $100

So, if we do the simple math, we come up with at least $6543 that you'll spend, for a maximum of 200whp. Sweet, that's like buying two SRs and turboing a KA.

If you use standalone, you don't need the ecu...and Megasquirt standalone has been used with great success by lots of VW and Volvo owners and should run you about 400 to put together. If you drop a G on porting and polishing that usually includes a valve job...do guys do the fuel pump when they do SR swaps? If not then it will definately support 200 horse n/a...you're also going to need cams, which are not cheap for a DOHC motor. I'm going to guess high on the cams for this, because i'm too lazy to look them up.

I'm not a KA expert, but if you're thrifty it would read more like:

ARP head and main stud kit $289
Valvesprings and retainers $319
Valves $319
Rods $689
Injectors $289
Header $300
Exhaust $250
Pistons $100
Rebuild kit $289
Port and Polish, valve job, rebuild $1000
Standalone $400
Balancing $150-300
Cams $1000

Bringing us to what I feel is a more realistic $4776, although as with most estimates of this kind you will spend more then that.

information collecter : http://www.drifting.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-6905.html

http://vortexvalve.zeroflo.com/?google <- p-e aussi un vortexvalve (rajoute juska 20hp :) parais)

Last edited:
:) i dont give out power secrets
i sell em
but sevendeuce has some good info in there.
Know this
your answer is right that KA24des, even fully stock LOVE large exhaust, the bigger the better but not for the reasons your thinking.

Well sevendeuce's quote said MAFS and stand alone in the same setup, if your going to spend 4k on a standalone, you switch to MAP. And I'll give you 2 cents if you tell me why the KA likes a big exhaust.

mrshoe said:
Sspikey has awoken :bigup:
Nice to see you still hang around here.

Yeah gotta school some people lately. Too much S chassis homos around :D

how about you use those two scents towards getting an engineering degree. The return on investment will be pretty impressive and your answer will be answered.

Forward any surplus revenue to me aswell

mrshoe said:
Sspikey has awoken :bigup:
Nice to see you still hang around here.

Yeah gotta school some people lately. Too much S chassis homos around :D

how about you use those two scents towards getting an engineering degree. The return on investment will be pretty impressive and your answer will be answered.

Forward any surplus revenue to me aswell

This is where i would something like you should get an internet degree so you learn not to double post......anyways, I'm no good at math or science so engeneering isn't for me. I just like the mechanical part of the cars, not the scientific part.

logik23 said:
This is where i would something like you should get an internet degree so you learn not to double post......anyways, I'm no good at math or science so engeneering isn't for me. I just like the mechanical part of the cars, not the scientific part.
then don't talk bout tuning and performance , talk bout replacing parts , or just stfu

logik23 said:

internet degree?
you gotta be ****ing kidding me
someone post the assclown award for this guy.
I guess you have a master's in keyboard racing too?

can i try and answer on the "why ka love big exaust ?"

isnt it becose of the ka long stroke ?

and yeah is that true that the ka24de get more compression with the sohc piston in him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back