" certificate of disposition " /// New York ticket related

Scooter

Premium
I guess I'll write this in English because whoever can answer should be able to read in English:

Friend gets a ticket in New York . Cop says they will send the ticket by mail. She never receives it.
She calls the court and asks why she did not receive. They said to her she has to go to court and will get a date!! WTF ???
She calls back again and they say the same.
She asks to pay the ticket without going to court !!
They say ok you have to pay $ 193.
She sends the money and she receives this :
I have an Idea....but somebody has the " real " answer ? What is this ?

8a6f4529-9ba1-400e-b154-aea1f5262f15_zpsdjsopson.jpg

I understand it more as " you are guilty , and you confirm by paying , but a judge will still review your file and take a decision. "

What surprises me is that she asked what to do to close the file. Basically pay the fie wtv it is.

Does this mean that in NY not the cop (or law ) decides the amount to pay, but the judge ?

Off topic but while you're at it tell them it's received not recieved...that shit would have made front page here in qc...

In judicial proceedings, the "disposition" is basically the piece of paper that documents the outcome of the proceedings (IE Guilty plea/Not Guilty/Stay of proceedings) and what fine or penalties are levied.

What this means in essence is that they received your payment and are in the process of wrapping things up, IE entering the conviction on their records. This only serves as a receipt of your payment.

IE this receipt wouldn't be of much or any use if later on you find a discrepancy between the court's record and the DMV/SAAQ' record. It only shows that you paid X amount on whatever date, not what the offense particulars were or how it was dealt with.

Back