ChemChina to buy Pirelli for 7,7 billion

Gregster

Legacy Member
China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina) agreed on Sunday to buy tire maker Pirelli in a 7.1 billion euro ($7.7 billion) deal that will place one of the symbols of Italy's manufacturing industry in Chinese hands.

The deal with Pirelli's shareholders is the latest in a string of takeovers in Italy by cash-rich Chinese buyers, who can take advantage of a weak euro just as signs emerge that Europe is coming out of economic stagnation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/22/us-pirelli-chemchina-idUSKBN0MI0PQ20150322

Les Américains disaient la même choses lorsque les Japonais ont acheté Brigdestone et Firestone.

Tu veux dire BF ???,
Bridgestone à toujours été jap

ET oui c'Est plate, mais c'ESt la réalité, ça me rapelle les latptop pieces d'ordi etc... c'est dur competétioner contre les chinois quand t'Es une compagnie ''du west'' qui a pas le choix de tout faire en chine

Tu veux dire BF ???,
Bridgestone à toujours été jap

ET oui c'Est plate, mais c'ESt la réalité, ça me rapelle les latptop pieces d'ordi etc... c'est dur competétioner contre les chinois quand t'Es une compagnie ''du west'' qui a pas le choix de tout faire en chine

Probablement BF Goodridge. Je suis sûr de mon coup pour Firestone.

La Chine est aujourd'hui ce que le Japon était au début des années 80. Il y a juste l'Ouest qui a toujours stagné.

Most chinese tires are better than Pirelli anyways. If anything..this will bring the quality up.

ChemChina is a state-owned conglomerate that also makes tires. Buying Pirelli gives them access to advanced tire manufacturing and gives Pirelli a leg-up in Asia.
Pirelli is the world's fifth-largest tire manufacturer, and supplies tires to Formula 1 (among other motorsports). The ChemChina deal will be officially inked with the conglomerates's China National Tire & Rubber unit.

Most chinese tires are better than Pirelli anyways. If anything..this will bring the quality up.

I'll stick to michelin :rock:

A lot of people still prefer Pirelli to Michelin for exotic or semi exotic cars, because they last longer. Cheap bastards...

I guess the concern is mostly based on the current situation of the quality of "made in china". however, European companies purchased by Chinese would continue to make their products in Europe. it's nothing about "made in china", it's not even operated by china, it's only financed by US dollars and Euros owned by China. companies making good product do not necessarily have good financial sources, but capital wants to support good companies.

when Chinese bought Volvo and Indian bought Jaguar LR, consumers were surprised by the news and discussed with negative attitude. I think the two companies are doing much better now than when owned by Ford, in terms of overall operation, product wise and financial wise. roughly the same time, GM opposed to selling SAAB to Chinese Geely or Indian Tata. Russian wanted to join in but was denied by another major stakeholder. "with no alternatives left after GM continued to block any form of involvement with a Chinese partner, Saab officially filed for bankruptcy after a three-year fight for survival. (wikipedia)" the good news is Saab fans don't have to worry the quality of made-in-china Saab now and for ever.

Last edited:
Products made in China for other companies are crap because the companies demand the Chinese manufacturer to go cheap as possible to maximize profit. Like they demanded to use the cheapest paint available for childrens toys and then we found out that it was led based paint. They went by what the company demanded, the cheapest paint possible.

Them owning a company might work out in a good direction since there is nobody pushing them to make it as cheap as possible. Will see after 5 years if shit hits the fan or it turn out to be a good surprise.

Back