F & F was ripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-Twins

Legacy Member
Last night on Celebrity justice they aired a story featuring a guy that is saying Universal studios stole his idea for The fast and the furious.(He used to be a street racer) The script he wrote is called "Bet" and it involves illegal street racing with mucsle cars. He's claiming universal tried to change the script so it is completly different from his. but some exact phrases slipped through. He is still gonna make his movie the way he wrote it.

I guess we're gonna have another street racing movie out there soon. At least this one is gonna be made from a real street racer. And not with all the rice.

You know what? Fast and the Furious is almost a complete rip off of Point Break, directed by Katherine Bigelow and starring Keanu Reeves. Instead of cars, it was extreme sports. It had everything, the robberies, the undercover work, the ending, everything.

Check it out, it's a decent film. But the two movies are almost completely identical.

Hey if you want to see the first street racing movie, it's called Hot Rod Girl. it's with the guy who played the Riddler from the original Batman series.It's about illegal street racing and a "cop" who tries to stop them. It's in black and white.

Originally posted by 67Continental
You know what? Fast and the Furious is almost a complete rip off of Point Break, directed by Katherine Bigelow and starring Keanu Reeves. Instead of cars, it was extreme sports. It had everything, the robberies, the undercover work, the ending, everything.

Check it out, it's a decent film. But the two movies are almost completely identical.
And harry potter was a complete rip-off of star wars.

Hollywood sucks ass. They throw hundreds of millions into a movie and it usually comes out terrible (with the odd exception)

Racing / car movies are EXCEPTIONALLY bad ... turds like driven, gone in 60 seconds, days of thunder, F&F etc. make me cringe

Ronin kicked ass, then again it wasn't really a car movie. RIP John Frankenheimer

Last edited:
If you think of it this way...it's a rip off of every undercover cop movie.. no?.........heck even bruce lee had a movie where he was under cover and entered a kung fu tournament on an island......and the mirrors.. remember? ;);)

Racing / car movies are EXCEPTIONALLY bad ... turds like driven, gone in 60 seconds, days of thunder, F&F etc. make me cringe

Gotta agree there...I mean even the original Gone in 60 secs sucked ass, except for the immense camp value. Bullitt was pretty cool, but it's not that great either.

Originally posted by D_Accord
If you think of it this way...it's a rip off of every undercover cop movie.. no?.........heck even bruce lee had a movie where he was under cover and entered a kung fu tournament on an island......and the mirrors.. remember? ;);)

enter the dragon
but what are u tryna say about the mirrors? :dunno:

Originally posted by MrMaxima
enter the dragon
but what are u tryna say about the mirrors? :dunno:

it's a figure of speech.. I could have added the whole fight scene with the nun chuckles and stuff :D

My point is.... the movie.......is such a simple plot... I mean how can you accuse the writer?

I guess we're gonna have another street racing movie out there soon. At least this one is gonna be made from a real street racer. And not with all the rice.".............good

a good old street racing movie is TWO LANE BLACK TOP,hard to find now but im still looking.

Originally posted by D_Accord
it's a figure of speech.. I could have added the whole fight scene with the nun chuckles and stuff :D

My point is.... the movie.......is such a simple plot... I mean how can you accuse the writer?
true, movies have a basis on reality, robberies and undercover cops are interesting so, they make moveis about em cuz they sell :bigup:

Originally posted by MrMaxima
true, movies have a basis on reality, robberies and undercover cops are interesting so, they make moveis about em cuz they sell :bigup:

There's not ONE movie that's realistic.......maybe 'black hawk down' was the closest...

There's not ONE movie that's realistic.......maybe 'black hawk down' was the closest...

Le Mans with Steve McQueen was pretty damn realistic...it's basically almost a race documentary. Grand Prix (by the director of Ronin) too...and that's just for race movies.

Originally posted by 67Continental

you are very right! i loved point break and have seen it a hundred times!!!

but even though some movie are close these two are the exact same.. they even let thier friend /enemy get away in the end..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back