Finally back in a VR6

Backed off the sale.

Checked out the car, then got it thoroughly inspected. When I told the garage how much the seller was asking (5K), he laughed and said, you should buy the car right now...

Before signing the papers however, I decided to give the car a last go-over, found 3 hidden rust spots.

1- Under the spare (I actually removed it, car had a hitch in the past and the holes were developing rust like cancer)
2- Inside Drivers side door near the mirror, didn't rust yet, but it was a HUUUUGE bubble, the door literally needed to be changed within a year
3- Rear fender near the bottom was starting to rust

The guy promised a rust free, mint condition car (it honestly looked like it from outside), but the car was rotting from the inside out, I tried to nego a bit, he didn't want to budge even for a dollar, so I just backed off on principle alone, you can't promise a mint, rust free car, when it actually has rust on the body in many areas... It's normal to find rust on control arms, rear axle beam, exhaust, subframe, etcl, but fender, doors, and trunk areas, there is no excuse when you say ''rust free'' I expect rust free...

Still driving a 19 year old Golf, probably going to buy a new car this week. I am seriously sick of shopping for used cars honestly, I've seen over a dozen used cars this last month. Everyone says they have a mint car, and every single car has been a fucking rusty POS...

Envoyé par alexTjoe Voir le message
on parle aussi dun 1.8t dans un mk4 et un vr 24v dans un mk2 lol grosse difference dand le poid et aussi le fealing dun mk2 c plus "RAW" alors sa emplifi tout encore plus..

garde c sure c pas si pire mon mk2 jetta coupe avec un 12v VR chipper de tien avec un gti mk5 pas trop pire mais avec ma golf mk2 1.8t chipper stage1+ avec des bolt on je rit de eux..

et je c pas mais moi je trouve entou de 3000 rpm un vr c vache un peu. mon 1.8t avais 22psi de boost a 2200 rpm lol "INSTA BOOST" japelle haha

Es-tu capable de mettre 1% de ton quotient intellectuel au service de la population et de te forcer à écrire STP?

22psi sur un 1.8T ... ''presque stock''. Voyons donc, compare des pommes avec des pommes. Mets 7psi et une turbine pas trop ''laggy'' sur un 24V et ton 22psi est loin en train de pleurer.

@alextjoe .... remembre when my 12psi jetta vr got smoked by EVERYTHING!!!

Back