News: Hit the snooze button on the the face-lifted BMW F30

allroad

Midway through its lifecycle, BMW introduces the face-lifted new F30 LCI model. Major yawn, many new engine offerings with range topping 340i. I wonder if they injected back the BMW drive dynamics with this updated 3 Series, or is it as detached as the current one?

All details available at http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124143 and http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/facelifted-2016-bmw-3-series-gets-3.html

The big news in terms of engines is the addition of a three-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit in the entry-level 318i. The engine produces 136PS (134hp) and 220Nm (162lb-ft) of torque, enough for a 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) sprint of 8.9 seconds and a 210 km/h (130 mph) top speed.

Also new for the 3-Series is the 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged unit in the BMW 320i which produces 184PS (181hp) and 290Nm (214lb-ft) of torque. The BMW 330i replaces the 328i and gets an uprated version of the same engine developing 252PS (249hp) and 350Nm (258lb-ft) of torque.

As for the range-topping BMW 340i, it is powered by a 3.0-liter six-cylinder turbo petrol engine producing 326PS (322hp) and 450 Nm (332lb-ft) of torque. Offered with the 8-speed Steptronic gearbox, the BMW 340i sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62mph) in 5.1 seconds and maxes out at an electronically-limited 250 km/h (155 mph).

On the diesel front, the facelifted 3-Series starts with the 316d (116PS/113hp) and ends with the 335d (313PS/309hp).

There’s also a 330e plug-in hybrid model with a combined output of 252PS (249hp) and 420Nm (310lb-ft) of torque. The 330e sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 225 km/h (140 mph). Average fuel economy is just 2.1 l/100 km (134.5 mpg UK or 112 mpg US), with CO2 emissions of 49 g/km. The model can cover up to 35 km (22 miles) in all-electric mode.

P90180563_highRes.jpg

P90180567_highRes.jpg

P90180573_highRes.jpg

Love it! The exterior of the pre-LCI was outdated before it even hit dealerships anyways. Now I believe they finally ditched the ridiculous incandescent light bulbs for brake lights and turn signals. Hopefully it's for good and they don't return to old technology for the next model.

I'll get a 316d Xdrive as a daily

Thanks!

BTW thank you BMW for finaly get the same engine lineup as Euro.

I guess the 340i nomenclature is a "me too" reaction from BMW, in regards to the Mercedes C400.

335i sound inferior to C400, even though both are 3.0L turbo sixes.

Can someone point out the difference with the current model that came out 2(?) Years ago?

Yes, first the obvious which is they moved the steering wheel back to the left (from the right) :laugh:.:laugh: Top picture is the new and bottom is the old (notice the bigger iDrive knob).

attachment.php

On a more serious note, you need a magnifying glass to spot the differences http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124274

Noticed how they improved the cup holders...

Exterior
◾New halogen headlight design with LED daytime running lights
◾Full LED headlights now an option (standard on 340i)
◾Headlights have moved further apart
◾Daytime running lights feature upper and lower edge of LED light tubes with LED bar connecting to kidney grille
◾Optional Adaptive Full LED Headlights with Auto High-Beam System
◾Broader side air intakes in front apron
◾New, more intricate styling of central air intake
◾New full LED tail lights
◾LED brake lights

Interior
◾Center console now comes in high-gloss black
◾New ambient lighting
◾New chrome accents - seat adjustments, window controls, air vents
◾Trim finisher in instrument panel expands into all four doors
◾Cupholders now have sliding cover

New Colors
◾Mediterranean Blue Metallic
◾Platinum Silver Metallic
◾Jabot Brown Metallic

Here is the funny part. Go to a dealer and try to order the base model with an msport pack. They will not only say it doesn't exist which is false but will also try to upsell you for a higher model or base with a ton of options.

when the E90 came out with regular bulb taillights i was like wtf.... (they had just started with LED tails on the previous LCI model)... then the E90 LCI had LED tails....

F comes out... regular bulbs again ... wtf.....

so Danny... yes I do think they will most likely go back to regular bulbs for the launch of the next model after this LCI

Here is the funny part. Go to a dealer and try to order the base model with an msport pack. They will not only say it doesn't exist which is false but will also try to upsell you for a higher model or base with a ton of options.

In europe theres god damn 318 with Mpack .... here not only do they give RETARDED packages as options... we cant pick what we want/dont want like they can in Europe

here they spread out all the good stuff that people like us would want in different packages to force us to walk out of there with a 70k 335 lol

In europe theres god damn 318 with Mpack .... here not only do they give RETARDED packages as options... we cant pick what we want/dont want like they can in Europe

here they spread out all the good stuff that people like us would want in different packages to force us to walk out of there with a 70k 335 lol
When I was in Germany I really didn't see any f30 3er. 1er was everywhere and a shit ton of clean as in like new E46s. I'd like to have a 120d Msport... With the updated timing chain..

F30 is too damn big and disconnected. Its not a bad car but just doesn't do it for me. E90s are the last good 3ers and facelifted models have aged well

bored with modern BMWs, they all look the same

This is true of all modern German cars. Have you seen the Audi lineup???

As for A4's, C-Class and the 3 Series, they are no longer special cars because they are everywhere and plain boring to look at. For BMW, they even softened the car which is no longer BMW DNA.

The only reason A4's, 3 Series and C Classes sell by the bunch is because of the badge and cheap lease rates.

Looks good, usually facelifts doesn't have significant interior changes. But new LED taillights looks more modern and front looks more aggressive to me. But again, I can't stand how outdated BMW interior is (IMHO) except I love how their screen is placed and how good it looks.

Back