Investing Money

Gold isn't high, no it's only at the
highest price they are in history and almost back at inflation adjusted highs of the 80s.
CME is upping margin requirement on Gold again.

Since 10 year gold gone from around 250US to now around 1880$, gold don't generate cashflow you only buy it to make capital gain. It's not like you can buy about 7.5 less with a USD now than 10 year ago. It's like tulip mania, South Sea, Tech and all those other bubbles.

Buying gold now it like entering in S&P 500 in summer 2008.

What you're seeing is fiat currencies being manipulated by central banks. Of course it may look like the price of gold is too high, but that is because you're measuring it with a form of money that doesn't have a real value . The USD is down 20 % from a year ago, of course it will require a larger amount of dollar bills to buy something that has a real value.

tu peux acheter une maison sur la côte-ouest, du genre entre 90 et 150k sur le bord du pacifique en oregon en bonne état. j'suis sur que dans 4 ou 5 ans sa va avoir au moins doublé, sauf si les USA retombe en recession.

les investisseurs dans l'immobilier se contentent de rendements vraiment bas. quand les taux d'interets vont etre plus hauts, tu vas regretter ton prix d'achat d'immeuble!

En peu de temps j'ai faite dans les 6 chiffres avec l'immobiler ,c'est toujours de savoir comment acheter.

ex: La majoritée du monde perdent de l'argent en achetant une auto . Mais le monde qui ont du sense von trouver moyen de en faire du profit.

Deja la je trouve que je donne trop d'info sur MR c'est du gaspillage

Some good info in this thread, some bad info in this thread... I've spent the past 4.5 years working in brokerage and having daily conversations with intelligent, and for the most part rational people about the markets. We're not fund managers or anything important, but we see this shit day in and day out... Where is our money for the most part right now?? A few small cap silver plays and cash. We have no idea where things are going. That's not unusual lol, but it's different now. There's a whole lot of fluff in the market right now, a whole lot more bullshit than normal. If things come back down to earth quickly in a sudden reality check like in 08, this time it'll be even uglier (HFT won't help). Usually we don't know for sure where things are going (obviously no one does lol) but we are fairly confident of a severe correction. There's always going to be downside risk, but this time, it feels like that risk is HUFUCKINGMUNGOUS. We haven't paid the price for what happened in 07-09 as of yet, fuck we haven't paid the price for the Tech bubble and the low interest rates which resulted. We're still trading options (read gambling) when we get "hunches" etc. but long term, we have no fucking clue... chillin' in cash baby... and gold/silver are not overpriced btw, they just aren't.

enough with everyones 2cents, who dont know anything.
its plain and simple.. your best bet is to work with an independant Advisor/broker.. which is myself, or someone you know who is one..
this has been expressed more then once in this thread..

otherwise all ive seen here are "bank employees".

thats all I have to say

I am curious to know what bank you work at that can allow you to sell competing banks products....or make you recommend a fee based advisor (not a bad thing but rare for someone who works at a bank to recommend that).

I should clarify i was referring to the "regulars" such as RBC,TD etc.and mentioned the people who work at branch level. There may exist exceptions and If those exceptions exist, great! anyone who has more options can provide better advice.
I do not know of anyone that works out of say an RBC branch that can sell a TD product.... Someone at Dundee Wealth,IG or Braley Financial can sell a Fidelity product or Manulife or RBC but a guy sitting in a TD bank? I know a lot of ex bank guys who moved to wealth management firms for that reason.

I do not work for a bank, but a Brokerage firm (RBC Dominion Securities). Thank God I haven't had to go through selling MF's at a bank Branch. I'm not sure what products(from which company) the bank employees can sell, but one thing is for sure, most of them (if not all of them) only have the licenses to sell you mutual funds, which is fine if all you have to invest is a relatively small sum of money, but better options exist IMO even if all you have to invest is a small sum of money.

I won't get further into that as this is something you should discuss with an advisor and a car forum on the internet is hardly the place to get sound financial advice. Contact an advisor (many advisors) to get better info on what is right for you.

its plain and simple.. your best bet is to work with an independant Advisor/broker.. which is myself, or someone you know who is one..

thats all I have to say

Why are you putting down ''bank employees'' ? everyone has too start somewhere MR genius independent advisor.

^ :rofl:

Gold Uses in Industry

knowledge of the commercial uses of gold enables a savvy investor to make a judgement on the future demand for the metal and in conjunction with other criteria such as the erosion of the purchasing power of a currency, political factors, gold hoarding or selling off by governments, the technical picture, etc.etc., can make the decision to be long, short or stay out of the market until a more favorable opportunity occurs.

Medicine

Gold is non toxic and biologically benign, an excellent conductor of electricity, virtually indestructible, easy to shape and flatten and can be drawn out into microscopically thin strands known as bonding wire.

The current demand for gold in dentistry is about 60 tonnes annually having recovered from a decline to circa 48 tonnes in 1987.

Rapid and ongoing developments in the use of lasers incorporating gold coatings are making dramatic progress in the treatment of cancers, sealing battlefield wounds in the field, emergency injury treatments in hospitals and previously inoperable heart conditions and tumors.

Lasers reliant on gold are used in delicate eye and brain surgery where absolute accuracy is essential.

As these power wheelchairs are used outdoors and often exposed to extremes of temperature and weather, the use of gold in essential components is necessary to minimize breakdowns and the possible life threatening consequences.

Hi-Tech Electronics

Gold plays an essential part in every one of the millions of computers and peripherals that are produced worldwide every year. Gold is refined to 99.999 % pure and is drawn out to a wire only one hundredth of a millimetre in diameter.

This bonding wire is used to connect the semi-conductors and circuits. It is used on circuit boards and to make the contacts when using the keyboard.

TVs, VCRs and DVD Players
The circuits are connected by fine lines of gold to the micro-electronic circuit chips that change the incoming signals into a TV picture and sound.

Space

As the exploration of space continues so more and more uses for gold are being developed. Silicon wafers containing gold wafers protect on board computers in spacecraft from bombardment by heavy ions in space and allows monitoring and adjustments of the computers by ground control.

State of the art sophisticated and intricate gold circuitry allowed color pictures and chemical analysis of the surface of Mars to be transmitted back to earth.

The tonnage of gold used annually in the electronics industry amounts to approximately 150 tonnes with Japan being the major electronics manufacturer and accounting for over 45% of gold consumption, followed by The US with circa 30%.

The ever increasing speed of advances in technology suggests that even more uses will be found for the unique properties of gold and the consequential increase in consumption by the industrial sector alone.

http://www.approvedarticles.com/Article/Gold-Uses-in-Industry/666

i heard some were making 45% in the volatility index :dunno:

someone was telling me of a very recent stat they heard: 65% of americans could not afford a $1000 dollar Emergency!
if you're anywhere near that scenerio, well, maybe invest in & store: food..that $2dollar can of soup might be $5 before you know it..

diversification is obviously important and real estate is the best investment, but you might want to check out some very high yielding stocks examples are Annaly Capital Management NLY yielding 15%, American Capital agency corp. AGNC yielding around 20%, Cypress Sharpridge Investments Inc. CYS also around 20%, or Two Harbors Investment Corp TWO around 18%. TWO and CYS are smaller cap and have only recently gone public, AGNC went public in 2008 hasn't missed a dividend payment yet has market cap of 5B, and NLY has been public for 14 years and never missed a dividend payment and has a market cap of 17B this is obviously the safest but spreading your money into more then one is a good idea too. With high yield like these and REINVESTED DIVIDENDS (the key) you can double your money in 4-5 years and that does not included growth of the stock, and if the stock drops the yield goes up and you can use the opportunity to pick up more.

I should start by saying that I don't know anything about the equity markets. That's not one of the markets I trade, so I don't even want to venture an opinion as to where things are standing there.

That being said, I love how everyone has an entirely different opinion on all of this stuff. And I don't mean that to be condescending; that's how markets are made. Plain and simple, I buy for my reasons and you sell for yours. We both think we're doing the right thing.

However, there's a lot of misinformation in this thread. I have my personal views on where specific markets and the global economy are heading, but things are not looking great overall. Beyond the topical stuff, if you dig in deeper there are a lot of disjointed markets right now. Funding pressures are appearing and that is the most worrisome thing because this time around, it's not supposed to be about liquidity/funding. There is a global re-pricing of risk going on right now, and we're seeing illogical and erratic moves, like in OIS and BAX for example, mainly due to aggressive technical factors, due to repositionings for example. Markets are jittery, and recent government interventions (physical or verbal) have left people overweight cash and mid-term credit, and stuck with the unmovable positions. It's not gonna be pretty at unwinding!

thats all I have to say

I would never think my best bet is to contact someone like you. You've just been claiming how much smarter you are than everyone, yet you've offered no real tangible investment ideas. You don't innovate at all; I bet you I could tell you right now everything that's in your clients' portfolios. You all offer the same advice/products... Also, keep in mind "bank employees" encompasses everyone who is employed by a bank. Traders/Portfolio Managers are bank employees. My bet is that there are some PRETTY smart "bank employees" out there, so no need to be all high and mighty.

I should start by saying that I don't know anything about the equity markets. That's not one of the markets I trade, so I don't even want to venture an opinion as to where things are standing there.

That being said, I love how everyone has an entirely different opinion on all of this stuff. And I don't mean that to be condescending; that's how markets are made. Plain and simple, I buy for my reasons and you sell for yours. We both think we're doing the right thing.

However, there's a lot of misinformation in this thread. I have my personal views on where specific markets and the global economy are heading, but things are not looking great overall. Beyond the topical stuff, if you dig in deeper there are a lot of disjointed markets right now. Funding pressures are appearing and that is the most worrisome thing because this time around, it's not supposed to be about liquidity/funding. There is a global re-pricing of risk going on right now, and we're seeing illogical and erratic moves, like in OIS and BAX for example, mainly due to aggressive technical factors, due to repositionings for example. Markets are jittery, and recent government interventions (physical or verbal) have left people overweight cash and mid-term credit, and stuck with the unmovable positions. It's not gonna be pretty at unwinding!

I would never think my best bet is to contact someone like you. You've just been claiming how much smarter you are than everyone, yet you've offered no real tangible investment ideas. You don't innovate at all; I bet you I could tell you right now everything that's in your clients' portfolios. You all offer the same advice/products... Also, keep in mind "bank employees" encompasses everyone who is employed by a bank. Traders/Portfolio Managers are bank employees. My bet is that there are some PRETTY smart "bank employees" out there, so no need to be all high and mighty.

oh-snap.gif

I love your comments dude, I really do.

thats all I have to say

So why don't you start advising people in the thread, instead of calling the people talking about it "bank employees"

Oh that's right, you want to get paid for services. On that note, this is off topic, so let the conversation roll. Either add to it or pipe down billy mays.

j'tel dit, Maison de plage sur la cote ouest. tu la retape un peu ou pas du tout. pi dans 4 ou 5 ans, tu double ou tu triple le profit.

this must be the most annoying thread ever..!

Tugboat and Kacipolak.. you are both idiots..
I never claimed to be smarter then anyone..

I simply said, that someone looking for financial advice is better off seeking help from a independent advisor.. who is able to offer multiple services from multiple providers..whether that is with me or another independent advisor..

keep in mind.. and independent advisor is not a Stock broker.. two complete different professions..

if you think you have the knoweledge and have enough capital to pick your own individual stocks be my guest..

but the majority of the time.. people do not.. therefore they go see an advisor..

they can go see an advisor who works for a bank.. or they can see and independent advisor who can offer all the other investment firms including the banks...

in terms of investing advice.. either you are in or you are out.. there is no in between..
there is no one on this earth who can predict or time the market..
everyone was shitting bricks when the market fell 5% in one day a few weeks ago.. for it to only gain 5% back the next day..
since the crash in 2008, the markets are not the same anymore.. there are 200point swings up and down within minutes these days, mostly caused by computer trading.
no one can time the bottom in a bear market and no one can time the top in a bull market..

it is all based on your personal circumstances, on how to invest at any particular time..

I dont care what anyone else writes in this thread.. this is the last time I post in here..

this must be the most annoying thread ever..!

Tugboat and Kacipolak.. you are both idiots..
I never claimed to be smarter then anyone..

I simply said, that someone looking for financial advice is better off seeking help from a independent advisor.. who is able to offer multiple services from multiple providers..whether that is with me or another independent advisor..

keep in mind.. and independent advisor is not a Stock broker.. two complete different professions..

if you think you have the knoweledge and have enough capital to pick your own individual stocks be my guest..

but the majority of the time.. people do not.. therefore they go see an advisor..

they can go see an advisor who works for a bank.. or they can see and independent advisor who can offer all the other investment firms including the banks...

in terms of investing advice.. either you are in or you are out.. there is no in between..
there is no one on this earth who can predict or time the market..
everyone was shitting bricks when the market fell 5% in one day a few weeks ago.. for it to only gain 5% back the next day..
since the crash in 2008, the markets are not the same anymore.. there are 200point swings up and down within minutes these days, mostly caused by computer trading.
no one can time the bottom in a bear market and no one can time the top in a bull market..

it is all based on your personal circumstances, on how to invest at any particular time..

I dont care what anyone else writes in this thread.. this is the last time I post in here..

Is that a promise you won't post in here again? thank god. As for callnig me an idiot because I said this was an off topic thread and we should be allowed to discuss in it. Thanks bud, shows you are a real professional. Personally If I am seeking to expand my customer base, I don't throw around childish words like "idiot" in a thread where i've already tried to sell myself and my services. If you think it's a good career move to shit in the bed you pay advertisement for, then that's your perogative. Sure looks to my like you're the fucking idiot here.

I know the last thing I want in my personal investor is an over-emotional pansy who's only way to attract new customers is to hurl insults at other's in a car forum thread. Well played sparky!

Is that a promise you won't post in here again? thank god. As for callnig me an idiot because I said this was an off topic thread and we should be allowed to discuss in it. Thanks bud, shows you are a real professional. Personally If I am seeking to expand my customer base, I don't throw around childish words like "idiot" in a thread where i've already tried to sell myself and my services. If you think it's a good career move to shit in the bed you pay advertisement for, then that's your perogative. Sure looks to my like you're the fucking idiot here.

I know the last thing I want in my personal investor is an over-emotional pansy who's only way to attract new customers is to hurl insults at other's in a car forum thread. Well played sparky!

131422975519.gif

Quite the burn we have here folks, let us hope he comes back for more

Back