kawasaki or ducati?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you compare Motogp or WSBK machine to the street one???

They are as alike as a hyundai acent and a ferrari.

AMA are more comparable and if you look: no ducati...Why....cause it's not worthwile to race, cause with the modifcation allowed on the bike wouldn't make it competive against the japanesse manufacturer.

I was referring to their championships in both WSBK and MotoGP=racing pedigree...ie:they know a thing or two about racing...............get it

Last edited:
really? because i was checking the high-lights on the Suzuki Hayabusa and it was said that its the fastest/best bike that you can purchase in its category defeating every bike in every little aspect, so now i'm more than confused, i think it was on top gear by Jeremy Clarkson

Ya but thats not the same kinda bike, like comparing a Veyron to a 911GT3, ones super fast,heavy and super powerful and the other, well you get the idea. Nail down what kind of bike you want, and most importantly your budget, that wil either determine whether you get a conventional Jap bike or Italian machinery.

really? because i was checking the high-lights on the Suzuki Hayabusa and it was said that its the fastest/best bike that you can purchase in its category defeating every bike in every little aspect, so now i'm more than confused, i think it was on top gear by Jeremy Clarkson

bin oui mais tse, cest quoi la categorie d'un busa??...

le seul plus que jpourrais voir contre un 1000cc recent, cest que le moteur est plus "puissant"... appart de ca *td*

theres no duty on motorcycles? Even if they are built overseas? Are you sure? Any proof of that? If thats true....thats GREAT! :D

Ducati is more expensive to buy, insure, repair etc......so it all depends on your budget.

Actually, Ducati is very cheap on insurance because they are not stolen as much as other popular bikes (gixxer's for example)...but that varies on your ins company and driving record of course...

Be a man and get a GSX-R. Real men and hot chicks ride GSX-R. Or Kawas.

hot chicks and real men?

honetement de tous les bikes supersport, les gsxr sont ceux que je trouve les plus effiminés.. sont pas laid pour autant

I was referring to their championships in both WSBK and MotoGP=racing pedigree...ie:they know a thing or two about racing...............get it

Suzuki have been dominating AMA Superbike for years now, have recent WSBK championship, and have a few 500 GP championship.

Honda have dominated the early years of 4 stroke MotoGP.

Yamaha won 2 MotoGP championship recently.

Kawa are dominating AMA Supersport.

So they all have racing pedigree, they all know a thing or two about racing.

moi cque jme demande c'est pourquoi le monde qui ont ou trippent ducati ont la meme mentalite que les gars d'harley

Suzuki have been dominating AMA Superbike for years now, have recent WSBK championship, and have a few 500 GP championship.

Honda have dominated the early years of 4 stroke MotoGP.

Yamaha won 2 MotoGP championship recently.

Kawa are dominating AMA Supersport.

So they all have racing pedigree, they all know a thing or two about racing.

The comparison was between Kawa and Ducati...................

rendu la cest vraiment une question de gout parce que les 2 sont des moto tres TRES performantes...

Pour moi, une Ducati c'est l'équivalent d'une Ferrari, un chef d'œuvre sur roues que je me paierais si j'avais une fortune à dépenser sur des achats futiles, mais que tant que l'argent ne tombe pas du ciel, d'autres alternatives bien moins cher (tant à l'achat qu'à l'entretien) mais tout aussi performante seraient dans mon garage avant.

FYI if you buy the 1098 tricolore in the states (can be found just over 20kUS) there is NO DUTY on motorcycles (just 2 taxes, same as dealer here) :D

please don't claim things that are incorrect...there is a 6% duty that MUST be paid on a motorcycle that is imported from the US.

The ZX-14 is the faster than the Busa for the moment.

The new 2008 busa is faster then the zx 14. So far we've seen 177RWHP stock and brock claims 193 RWHP with one of his full systems and a powercommander. ZX14 makes mid to high 160s stock. 08 busa has already hit tons of dealers in the states and I heard st-jerome got one as well so technically the busa is faster once again.*blah*

please don't claim things that are incorrect...there is a 6% duty that MUST be paid on a motorcycle that is imported from the US.

*DING*DING* :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

YES! There is 0% DUTY on motorcycles! EXCELLENT!

http://cbsa.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/tariff2007/t2007-1/ch87ne.pdf (page 20)

87.11.XX.XX

Motorcycles (including mopeds) and cycles fitted with an auxiliary
motor, with or without side-cars; side-cars.

With reciprocating internal combustion piston engine of a cylinder
capacity not exceeding 50 cc (+ 50-250cc, 250-500cc, 500-800cc and 800+ cc)

DUTY: FREE

Wooohooo!

The new 2008 busa is faster then the zx 14. So far we've seen 177RWHP stock and brock claims 193 RWHP with one of his full systems and a powercommander. ZX14 makes mid to high 160s stock. 08 busa has already hit tons of dealers in the states and I heard st-jerome got one as well so technically the busa is faster once again.*blah*

But the 2008 ZX-14 has been revamped as well...

I think if you went by track record starting with King Carl Fogarty in the 90 to Casey Stoner today versus ....what really?...maybe some Haydens and and some Bostroms noticeably the youngest on a ZXRR600 taking on everyboby on a 750 and always in top three, beating out former Superbike Champ Neil Hodgson on the Duke over and over again...
All in all I'd say the Ducati...for 15-20 years worth of dominance on the world circuit...versus Kawis...The only ever Real superhero on a Kawi was our very Yvon DuHamel...yes Miguel's dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back