Luxury Tax

If this is delayed, another good reason for whatever cost 100k in 2020, to cost 150-200k in 2022
Buy your toys if you're in the market, don't wait.

If this is delayed, another good reason for whatever cost 100k in 2020, to cost 150-200k in 2022
Buy your toys if you're in the market, don't wait.

The slow delivery of cars isn’t helping. IIRC Porsche is sold out of production for the next year or so. Hopefully if a new tax is introduced it won’t apply to pre existing orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'est juste que de payer une taxe supplémentaire de 23.5k sur une bagnole de 235k sur laquelle tu paies deja 35k de taxes, ça fait beaucoup. Encore plus si tu paies la tps/tvq sur cette taxe de luxe, on ajoute un autre 3.5k de taxes. Ca fait 62k de taxes sur 235k. Personnellement rendu là, c'est suffisant pour décider de pas acheter.

C'est juste que de payer une taxe supplémentaire de 23.5k sur une bagnole de 235k sur laquelle tu paies deja 35k de taxes, ça fait beaucoup. Encore plus si tu paies la tps/tvq sur cette taxe de luxe, on ajoute un autre 3.5k de taxes. Ca fait 62k de taxes sur 235k. Personnellement rendu là, c'est suffisant pour décider de pas acheter.
je me demande s'il n'y a pas moyen de payen un produit de luxe de $500,000 à 99,500 (ou sous le seuil d'un bien désigné de luxe) et "acheter des accessoires" de $80,000 jusqu'au prix de vente initiale de $500,000. Les accessories seraient achetés d'un "3rd party".

Aventador @ John Scotti = $99,500
A vent = $80,000 @ ExoticVentaliationInc.
A door = $80,000 @ ExoticDoorsInc.
Another door = $80,000 @Les portes Pierre Boutillers et fils
etc.

loopidy loop hole?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It will be on the sale price of item before taxes not on top of sales tax.

It will be on the sale price of item before taxes not on top of sales tax.

En effet, la taxe de luxe serait calculée sur le montant avant taxes, mais cette taxe de luxe serait elle-même taxable selon ce que j'ai lu.

je me demande s'il n'y a pas moyen de payen un produit de luxe de $500,000 à 99,500 (ou sous le seuil d'un bien désigné de luxe) et "acheter des accessoires" de $80,000 jusqu'au prix de vente initiale de $500,000. Les accessories seraient achetés d'un "3rd party".

Aventador @ John Scotti = $99,500
A vent = $80,000 @ ExoticVentaliationInc.
A door = $80,000 @ ExoticDoorsInc.
Another door = $80,000 @Les portes Pierre Boutillers et fils
etc.

loopidy loop hole?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

J'ai pensé à 2 moyens pas mal moins tordu que ça...

En effet, la taxe de luxe serait calculée sur le montant avant taxes, mais cette taxe de luxe serait elle-même taxable selon ce que j'ai lu.

Taxer la taxe, criss ça me surprendrait pas.

Justement je parlais de ça à un collègue qui veut s'achteter une Turbo S. Avec quelques options c'est 260k+71k de taxes. N'importe quoi esti.

I assume some heavy lobbying from OEMs against it or starting 150k. Let’s not forget Porsche just announced the ground breaking on the Canadian Experience Centre in Pickering

Taxer la taxe, criss ça me surprendrait pas.

Justement je parlais de ça à un collègue qui veut s'achteter une Turbo S. Avec quelques options c'est 260k+71k de taxes. N'importe quoi esti.

Unpopular opinion: People that can afford a luxury item that remains parked 99.9% of the time can afford the 70k in taxes.

Unpopular opinion: People that can afford a luxury item that remains parked 99.9% of the time can afford the 70k in taxes.

Said person also owns a company with 450 employees, putting a roof over the head of (1300?) people. Deserves it, no ?

Off topic here, but the more you tax the rich, the more ways they'll find to evade taxes with offshore holdings etc. Whereas if you have it at a reasonable rate to start with, would tax evasion be less common?

Talking about taxing the rich…

Elon Musk asking Twitter if he should sell $20+ billion worth of TSLA shares (10p of his holdings) and be fully taxed on them given his cost basis must be close to zero.

Said person also owns a company with 450 employees, putting a roof over the head of (1300?) people. Deserves it, no ?

Off topic here, but the more you tax the rich, the more ways they'll find to evade taxes with offshore holdings etc. Whereas if you have it at a reasonable rate to start with, would tax evasion be less common?

Deserves the car, sure. Pay to play though.

But this is a chicken and the egg kind of problem. Do these people have jobs now because of this man's one-of a kind genius or is the corporation successful because it could hire and retain qualified / healthy candidates to work towards his vision? Are these conditions present everywhere on earth?

We're monkeys driven by fear and greed. People at all "levels" game the system. From the bougons on wellfare all the way to the c suite. Sometimes it's more than just numbers but a mindset. You're not going to get everyone to agree on a "fair" taxation.

Knowing that people can easily dodge income tax, I think taxes on the goods they crave and will purchase makes sense.

Case in point: Most people here have paid more in terms of income taxes than Elon Musk has in the past couple years. It wasn't keeping him up at night 'till it became a bit of PR problem.

T'as raison dans un sens, c'est juste que selon moi, c'est exagéré. C'est contre-productif si la taxe décourage l'achat pcq au lieu de récolter 70k de taxes, tu vas récolter zéro.

Back