My next car: Golf TDI - owners please click this thread!

Aiight guys!
I finally found my car!

A nice Jetta tdi gls 2001. Black on black with 212000km for 3000$!

Drove it home from laval, its days and night compared to the crv!
It drives almost like my bimmer minus the power!

Thanks for your help!

No. The first one felt a bit weird when i test drove it, and the inspection wasn't great, guy was 100% firm with the price so I passed.

The one I bought still needs a bit of love but should be right for about an extra 800-1000$.

Baah 4k for a 2001 with 210k Diesel sounds like a good deal to me, if you do a lot of mileage you are gonna get that money back pretty soon.

Having owned a diesel, you won't regret it... there's plenty of potential for upping the power while maintaining, even improving fuel economy. I still regret getting rid of mine, but my Subie(s) are making up for it, for now.

i drive a modded mk3 chassi with a modded mk4 engine (ALH) in it, putting down 180whp and 300ft-lbs and im still doing 5l/100 in city beating the shit out of it. best car i could of buy for a DD, havent broken on me once and im at 240k on the cluster. i say buy a TDi if it's your everyday car.

the only down side i could say, it take a shit load of time to warm up during the winter! but mine always start, even in the coldest day we had without pluggin it.

Oublie la chip si ta clutch est stock. J'ai un stage 1 Unitronic et ca spike 30 psi...clutch glisse allègrement et le turbo aime pas ca. J'irais pour des nozzles si j'étais toi...c'était mon ancien setup (.205 smog nozzles, installé pour 140$). Bref, la chip s'en va vendredi!

Et méchant bon prix pour ton auto! Je viens de payer 4500 pour un 2003 Wagon mais j'ai mis 1300$ à date et j'ai 275 000km dessus.

^^^^^
spiker a 30 psi c'est haut un peu...meme pas mal...surtout pour un vnt-15
a combien tu boost apres ton spike???
et 4300 pour un wagon tdi ce n'est pas si cher que ca

j'ai un vnt-22 et je pousse ca 26-28 psi

I am almost in the exact same position as DJ. Just picked up a 2000 tdi for 3k in top shape and from what I have read, chip+injectors without upgrading clutch are a nono. Seeing as how this car is supposed to be my shitbox that i want to spend the least amount of money on, i am not touching the clutch unless i have to. That being said, i want to know if i should chip or change injectors. I know they will both increase power, but by how much in each case and which one will get me better fuel economy?

So, chip or .205 or .216?

I am almost in the exact same position as DJ. Just picked up a 2000 tdi for 3k in top shape and from what I have read, chip+injectors without upgrading clutch are a nono. Seeing as how this car is supposed to be my shitbox that i want to spend the least amount of money on, i am not touching the clutch unless i have to. That being said, i want to know if i should chip or change injectors. I know they will both increase power, but by how much in each case and which one will get me better fuel economy?

So, chip or .205 or .216?

yeah but my clutch is not so good and I'm thinking of replacing it with the ECS clutch I posted, then chip should be perfect!
If your clutch is still good, for sure leave it.

only the chip without the nozzle won't give you better economy. if you only put the nozzle, you'll see a difference in the torque of the car. a bit more economy but compared to a chip + nozzle set-up, nothing to go crazy about it.

for the clutch, it depends if you have the sach or the luke set-up. I can chip your car to have much better economy with the nozzle without burning your clutch in two weeks. but with the .205 nozzle with a custom chip, you'd be good enough to have some fun and not break everything.
pm me for more info

As for a stock clutch and a chip. I have a PD with a chip (can't upgrade nozzles on the mk5, from what I hear) with a stock clutch (chipped the car at 23k km). I have driven it to 76k km now and never had slipping. It really depends on how much you use the newfound power of a chip. If a clutch is in good shape, it should stay in good shape.

300$ pour un clutch, il te manque des morceaux. Il faut que tu remplace la clutch, pressure plate, la flywheel (DMF ou SMF), release bearing, release fork/clip. Plus les TTY bolts, tu es plus à 400-450$ et c'est pas installé!

Chip c'est bien mais moi j'aime pas, dépendamment de la marque de celle ci, tu te ramasse avec une zone morte sous les 2000 rpm et à 4000, ya plus rien. J'ai vraiment détesté ma chip et je m'en suis débarrassé pour ces raisons. Les nozzles, c'est génial parce que de un, ca smoke un peu et de deux, tu garde ton "driveability" et tu te fais pas chier avec quelque chose qui marche bien seulement entre tel et tel rpm.

Des nozzles .205 installé, ca vaut 140, moi j'irais pour ca! De plus, tu changes pas la clutch pour ca...sauve un autre $400!

Voila, ce sont mes deux sous!

^^^
for your information, yes you can change the nozzle on your mk5, but we're not talking about 100$ nozzles. Much more expensive, but it can be done.

I'm fixing the car first so it can handle the power increase, then Alex will tune it.

This guy really knows everything about TDI's!

Back