Nürburgring close call

The subie driver, the one that skids is at fault here. His reaction was one of panic when he made a slight left onto the grass. He made his input too quick and too abrupt. When the weight of the car got shifted to the left side, he had no traction and lost control. Even on slicks you can put two or even four wheels on the grass and make it back safely on the tarmac but you have to be super smooth with your inputs. If his excuse is that it happened too quickly well, he's not quick enough to be on the racetrack.

His reaction was one of inexperience. He got lucky.

His point was that technically Nurburgring is an open toll road, not a "circuit fermé". You could have an 80 year old grampa on there driving 30 km/h as you whip around a bend at 160km/h.

Really? No one at the entrance to ask you if you ever had experiences on circuit? jeez...

J'ai eu la chance de rouler dessu a 3 reprises (ring taxi et 2 sorties solo) et c'est plustot traitre comme circuit. Bus, minivan, moto sont tous la en meme temps et tu as l'impression de rouler sur une route style autobahn, comme ronin dit, tu peux te faire surprendre assez facilement.

On parle pas de calabogie ou c'est organise par groupes, que tu as besoin de ton casque etc.. N'importe qui y a acces. Mais comme en general avec la conduite normale, le monde conduisent bien et le respect est present..

T'achete ton billet au kiosk (1 billet par tour si tu achete pas de package, et faut debarquer a chaque tour), tu presente a rampe et c'est parti pour de kilometres de plaisir.

Les.fois ou j'y suis alle, le 3/4 du monde avaient des plaques de UK.

Really? No one at the entrance to ask you if you ever had experiences on circuit? jeez...

You pay per laps.. You don't get asked for previous experience or really anything.. You show up and drive. If you crash you pay for the damage and since it's considered a one way toll road it's like having an accident on the street as in you must stop to report it off track. Passing should only be done on the left but yea.. the rules aren't really enforced. If you do want to drive I suggest renting something from shop, a fully prepped car (swift or polo) starts around 900euro a day including partial insurance, gas, tires, 2 drivers, 12-14 laps. Not bad if you ask me. If you do crash you loose a 3k euro deposit.

Normal rentals are "banned" but again not really enforced.. however do you want to crash a rental from Avis at the ring?

For some reason I have no real interest in driving at the ring, yea sure there is a "cool" factor but I feel it's kinda been destroyed by the crash numbers going up every year. I much rather drive at Spa or Hockenheim.

You pay per laps.. You don't get asked for previous experience or really anything.. You show up and drive. If you crash you pay for the damage and since it's considered a one way toll road it's like having an accident on the street as in you must stop to report it off track. Passing should only be done on the left but yea.. the rules aren't really enforced. If you do want to drive I suggest renting something from shop, a fully prepped car (swift or polo) starts around 900euro a day including partial insurance, gas, tires, 2 drivers, 12-14 laps. Not bad if you ask me. If you do crash you loose a 3k euro deposit.

Normal rentals are "banned" but again not really enforced.. however do you want to crash a rental from Avis at the ring?

For some reason I have no real interest in driving at the ring, yea sure there is a "cool" factor but I feel it's kinda been destroyed by the crash numbers going up every year. I much rather drive at Spa or Hockenheim.

Wow! I've always thought there was some supervision there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok....fack toi tu te sents plus en sécurité de conduire 200km/h entouré de gens qui n'ont pratiquement aucune connaissance en conduite automobile, plutôt que sur un circuit fermé et sécurisé (au moins, les premiers soins ne sont jamais loin) et où il y a une plus grande majorité de gens qui savent conduire que d'innoncents (oui, parce que reste que des imbéciles, il y en a partout)?

Logique...

Pour moyennement 600$,

tu as un forfait au Nurburg où tu loues une Citroen DS3 (Modèle à la GTI, FOCUS ST ect)
Tu as un cours de pilotage dans un local de deux heures
On te demande de pas faire le fou sur la piste
Te donne les clefs de l'auto et tu as 5-6 tours je crois.

Mon ami l'a fait et c'est réellement l'anarchie sur la piste. Tu as les constructeurs qui essaient les prototypes, les centaines de lambo/porsche/lotus sur la piste, les motos sports et les totales newb qui roulent 260 km/h sans même avoir jamais fait de track avant...

C'est zéro sécuritaire le nurburgring. Alors, oui, c'est plus safe rouler à 200km/h sur l'autoroute 440 avec pas trop de monde que sur la piste.

Back