OP DELIVERS: Thread je change de Char #34477996627

Oui pour un Fiesta St , tu va avoir du fun c'est certain.
mais pourquoi chercher ailleurs qu'au Québec, t'en a keks une a prix et km ok ici...
Elle est au Québec mais à viens d'Ontario

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I'm also looking for a small sports hatch/sedan and I'm looking at 2010-2012 Honda Civic SI.
The fiesta/Focus ST is also tempting, but I like the fact that the civic si has an LSD.

I currently have a 2012 focus SE and I don't like the poor 1 wheel traction even with the regular 2.0

Besides being turbo for what reason would you buy a fiesta/focus ST over a Civic SI? (hatch 2/4 door aside)

I'm also looking for a small sports hatch/sedan and I'm looking at 2010-2012 Honda Civic SI.
The fiesta/Focus ST is also tempting, but I like the fact that the civic si has an LSD.

I currently have a 2012 focus SE and I don't like the poor 1 wheel traction even with the regular 2.0

Besides being turbo for what reason would you buy a fiesta/focus ST over a Civic SI? (hatch 2/4 door aside)

Get the SI 2012+

Heres an example, if you look carefully you can find good deals...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/ci...o&ursrc=hl&orup=22_15_411&pc=J4Y 0M5&sprx=250

That honda is way better than any Ford Piece of shit.

2006-2011 civic was the 8th gen with the high revving k20. Issues are clearcoat peeling on the darker coloured paints, 3rd gear grind (even on revised 09-11 models). 2012-2015 was the 9th gen with the torquier but lower revving (read: easier to live with day-to-day) k24. Honda "purists" generally regard the 8th gen as the last "real" Honda due to that engine. Note that the MY2012 was redesigned the following year as it was panned by critics for ride, interior, NVH, etc but reliability is still generally good.

Fiesta st is generally well received by everyone for its go-kart handling but reliability is a bit all over the place. Remember, this is a car based on the cheapest car in Ford NA's lineup. Common Issues are overheating (shouldn't be an issue in Canada or else get a beefier Mishimoto rad for track use), blend door actuator that break, thin paint, QA/Qc issues (e.g. boost leaks due to hoses not being clamped down properly at the plant), front brakes that need replacing frequently, shitty infotainment system (sync2 vs sync3 in 2016+) and the usual squeaks and rattles in the interior.
Other considerations: even though it's a hatch, the trunk is still tiny, I think recaros were standard in Canada and they require some break-in if you're a bigger guy, short wheelbase + stiff suspension = shit ride.

At the end of the day, it's really up to you. Go try both and decide.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't be serious..

I'll take an 09-11 berofe any 9th gen.

ya fucking dumb brah.

I had a 2012 and a 2007. Its basically the same car. The 2012 was more Refined in every way. More soft ride, More civilised. Better car for a daily driver.

But anyway why get the older pos with 200k km, When you can get a 2012+ Redesigned newer for about the same money.

ya fucking dumb brah.

I had a 2012 and a 2007. Its basically the same car. The 2012 was more Refined in every way. More soft ride, More civilised. Better car for a daily driver.

But anyway why get the older pos with 200k km, When you can get a 2012+ Redesigned newer for about the same money.

Fak en gros, pourquoi vouloir un Si quand dans le fond tu veux un char de plotte comme ton VUS fwd?

Buys Civic Si, complains ride is stiff. gg

And K20 > K24 all day, every day

Fak en gros, pourquoi vouloir un Si quand dans le fond tu veux un char de plotte comme ton VUS fwd?

Buys Civic Si, complains ride is stiff. gg

And K20 > K24 all day, every day

LOL le dude veut un char semi sport entre un fiesta et un civic si. Faut etre perdu hors de la carte pour aller se chercher un ford over un Honda.

Ma comparaison etait entre une fiesta et une civic si... Le choix est clair.

Pis je voit pas ou tu veux en venir avec ton K20 > K24.

Le dude se cherche un char, Qui achete celui le plus recent possible. Pis anyway des si 2006-2011, le kilo vas etre dans le plafond pis battue a mort, parce que les jeunes peuvent se permettre un si 2006-2011, Mais un 2012+ Son plus cher, donc yas moins de chance quil a ete brasser. Des 2012+ Tu peux en trouver low mileage a bon prix si tu cherche bien,mais son toujours plus cher qun 2006-2011.

Pourquoi vous êtes décoller avec les civic? Op parle aucunement de civic si

Juste pour être sur, voici la question
d4e27cdebb51352a1d97a16adef30d91.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Lis 8 post plus haut

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk
J’comprends pas full l’anglais mais j’trouve pas trop le lien...je comprends que ricerocket magasine les SI car il veut un LSD (ok) mais j’comprends pas trop bad306 veut en venir ou....

J’comprends pas full l’anglais mais j’trouve pas trop le lien...je comprends que ricerocket magasine les SI car il veut un LSD (ok) mais j’comprends pas trop bad306 veut en venir ou....

Personne le sais vraiment.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Jeremi01 ,Je vois dans ta signature que tu as eu les 2 générations, sur des longues périodes, pour pouvoir en juger comme ça!

OP: J'ai eu le même choix à faire lors de l'achat de ma SI et j'ai fini avec la civic pour plusieurs raisons qui revenaient souvent:

-fiabilitée
-valeur de revente
-confort
-économie d'essence(si on peut appeler ça une économie)
-disponibilitée des pièces aftermarket( il y a un énorme marché dans le used aussi)
-ect

Je pourrais continuer mais je crois que tu vois le portrait...
et je fait du lapping régulièrement avec la mienne sans rien brisé, elle était stock au début

je suis très satisfait de la mienne, mais je ne peut pas dire si je ne l'aurais pas été avec un RS, c'est une auto très intéressante aussi!

Im going for the ST because it is the logical upgrade from my 1.0 fiesta and I want to keep it stock for at least 1 year. I already know the platform, the way it drives and it's quirks/defaults. I'm in my mid 20's, no kids, I've had people in the back less than 10 times in the past year. I took the 1.0 last year because I might need to pick up my nephews at daycare once in a blue moon. It hasn't happened yet lol.

The car stock is plenty enough to have fun and to get into trouble. If I want to mod it in the future, the Cobb AP v3 from mountune is at a reasonable price. As for people saying the ride is harsh... It isn't lol. Yes it's firm but very compliant if you're used to a stiffer car. I have mountune lowering springs for the ST on my 1.0 and the ST is a 1000x better comfort wise. The stiffness is roughly the same, just that the base fiesta seats are shit. The recaros hug your back like an overly attached girlfriend.

The only options for the Canadian ST was the sunroof and navigation. Navi I couldn't care less about it due to sync 2, but the upgrade to sync 3 is an easy DIY and it's about 300-400$. I won't do that for a year because I don't see it as a necessity. If I wanted to add all the features the ST has to mine, it would be way over the 5k difference than what I paid for the 1.0 last year.

Why I don't even consider the civic si ? I just don't want to be bunched it with all the ticoune and also Honda tax. To be honest, I don't like the civic from the interior and exterior. Sure the k20/k24 must be a blast to drive on the track once tuned like the one @4frnt. has. The most spirited driving I do is poutine ride/mega ride that goes on roads that you need the " extra " low end torque to feel that you're going faster. Also that "extra " torque comes in pretty handy in daily driving.

I also now work downtown and take the metro to work and have weekends off. I want it to feel special when I drive it, I don't think a civic si ( y en chie des tonnes ) would be raw enough ( in stock form) vs the Fiesta.

On an other note, I want to keep my springs that I have on my car right now. If anyone has access to a lift and tools and wants to help me out, I'll buy you pizza and a 24.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

T'as même pas a justifier ton choix, si La Fiesta ST te fait tripper prend la et calisse toi des autres qui conseil un Civic ou autre, aussi simple que ça,
Overall s'tun bon p'tit char écomomique, qui fait bien sa job de DD et qui peut te mettre un sourire dans face quand c'est le temps.

Back