Photography Thread De Photographie

oldskool, i like the fact you are experimenting. there are a lot of good shots, most of them need minor tweeking.
Ie. Lighting the first one.
smaller exposure time and higer ISO in the second.

nice start! keep up the good work.

ma contribution
106172033.jpg

106172025.jpg

bonus pics
106172055.jpg

106172019.jpg

Protege said:
CRW_0001.jpg

Too bad I won't be doing anything for 2005....just when I'm getting the hang of certain things, too. Talk about bad karma! :(

Hey Ozzie..... how do you get the intense blue in these pictures... the picture has a surreal effect to it... very cool, just curious what you do to get the effect :D

tooburns: the first pic the lighting is not good in the front of the car.
the second pic is WAY out of focus, and the shutter speed was too long.

the last pic i really like, the only this, crop out the H and the beggining of the other side.

good work overall, and keep being creative.

bigtuffguy said:
tooburns: the first pic the lighting is not good in the front of the car.
the second pic is WAY out of focus, and the shutter speed was too long.

the last pic i really like, the only this, crop out the H and the beggining of the other side.

good work overall, and keep being creative.

i know but i take those pics with out tri pod ... anyway .... we always learn thx for the commentt

Any suggestions I can use for my Dimage Z1 (& tripod)? Not interested in going SLR, too expensive for me right now, but I'd like to get better with what I have.
So far my best pics were taken in Auto mode, I'm not 100% familiar with how the remainder of the settings can be used to their full potential.
Maybe someone knows of an online tutorial I can read!?

One more addition:

Last edited:
Frank, i like that pic a lot, 1. because theres 4 Canadian Flags in it.
2. Because you used a good aperature. by going lower you were able to keep everything in focus.
3. its a nice clean picture.

if you want some VERY good reading, http://www.photo.net/learn/making-photographs/ this site is great. its a longish read but it put photography in ENGLISH!

take care
-James

bigtuffguy said:
Frank, i like that pic a lot, 1. because theres 4 Canadian Flags in it.
2. Because you used a good aperature. by going lower you were able to keep everything in focus.
3. its a nice clean picture.

if you want some VERY good reading, http://www.photo.net/learn/making-photographs/ this site is great. its a longish read but it put photography in ENGLISH!

take care
-James
hehe what's with your 1's 2's and 3's? You sound like you're reprimanding people ;)

FranksGTP said:
Any suggestions I can use for my Dimage Z1 (& tripod)? Not interested in going SLR, too expensive for me right now, but I'd like to get better with what I have.
So far my best pics were taken in Auto mode, I'm not 100% familiar with how the remainder of the settings can be used to their full potential.
Maybe someone knows of an online tutorial I can read!?

One more addition:

with point and shoot cameras youll get much better results in 99% of the cases.
Except if youre looking to get a certain effect out.

even the highest quality point and shoot I find its kindove useless to use manual settings.

Brat said:
hehe what's with your 1's 2's and 3's? You sound like you're reprimanding people ;)

lol, you must have been a bad girl in need of reprimand if that was going through your head, for the following 4 reasons, 1..... JK :D

Ok, well you can tell by my comments i was giving positive feedback. And i even specified a link that helped me a lot.

DJHarmonix- you are right, however it is good to change the aperature if you want to blur/ sharpen the background. Also for night time photography a digicam with no manual settings wouldnt work too well, you need to play with the exposure time.

If anyone feels im being too critical, please let me know. Also I try to leave comments only if i know what I'm talking about, I'm not one to talk out of my ass.

WOW, I surf photography forums all day since i injured myself and these are all better than what i see there. ( maybe not in a technical sense, but i just feel the moment.)

Zelda great pics, the underwater one is sweet!.

BlackTalon said:
wow ozzie, im impressed. Do you do photography as a career?

Oh come on...you're telling me you've never seen those pictures before? I posted them a long time ago. In any case, to answer your question - no, photography is just a hobby for the time being. It takes quite a bit of capital to startup something like this....not to mention a lot of talent & skill - all of which I don't have. :)

Oh....and to stay with the theme of thread, I'd thought it be appropriate to post a picture up everytime I respond here.

CRW_0043.jpg

robinson said:
Hey Ozzie..... how do you get the intense blue in these pictures... the picture has a surreal effect to it... very cool, just curious what you do to get the effect :D

A lot of blue in photoshop ;)

And since I've been posting up weird-coloured pictures thus far, here's a normal one for a change.

CRW_0053.jpg

Protege is awesome *tu*

You still do night pics? Does it work with a digital camera or is there too much noise?

Anyway, some of my pics, some are old some are more recent, but either way I don't have much time for photography at the moment.

"product" photography, bouncing a flash off the ceiling is fun:
mdrv700s.jpg

monkey1s.jpg

First macro I took with my 20D (flash bounce off the ceiling again :) )

spider1s.jpg

Some other macro snapshots of flowers (this was by the time that I figured out that the autofocus on my camera sucks, so I started using only manual, I finally got some sharp pics):

macro1.jpg

macro2.jpg

A car pic from Carfever 2005 I really like (I still have it as my background after months)

carfever09.jpg

Other car pics could've been promising but they were messed up because of the crappy autofocus :( MF only from now on :mad:

Back