Support our troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J'étais si fier du canada, qui ne s'impliquait que très peu dans les conflits. J'ai même été encore plus fier quand Chrétien a dit NON à Bush !

Nous sommes devenus maintenant le petit chien de poche de Bush, car nous avons élu Harper. Bye bye, le canada messager de paix. Esti que ça me fait chier qu'on en soit rendus là.

"The cost of freedom" ? Mais, je l'étais, libre... avant.

Asphyx said:
J'étais si fier du canada, qui ne s'impliquait que très peu dans les conflits. J'ai même été encore plus fier quand Chrétien a dit NON à Bush !

Nous sommes devenus maintenant le petit chien de poche de Bush, car nous avons élu Harper. Bye bye, le canada messager de paix. Esti que ça me fait chier qu'on en soit rendus là.

La raison pourquoi il a dit non, c'est que son bon ami Paul Desmarais avait des contrats de pétrole avec l'Irak et la France

xxplosif1 said:
17 soldiers did till now that's the cost of freedom! WTF i think people have lost their minds ! But Fellow countrymen dead to protec The USA's inetrest is not the cost of freedom. Send troops to get canadien citizens that are stuck in Lebanon now that's what's important.

17 soldiers is what has cost canada to help out BUSH and more to come . Im proud of our troops but i feel bad for them because their fighting a war that is not ours!

May they Rest In Peace

2lODubster said:
17 soldiers is what has cost canada to help out BUSH and more to come . Im proud of our troops but i feel bad for them because their fighting a war that is not ours!

May they Rest In Peace

Why would you feel bad? Support is what they need. These guys went and applied for the job. They werent asked to go over sea's. Im not saying anything relativly bad as I even signed up and hopefully get accepted in a couple weeks to start training in september, but these guys offerd to do it and to serve for their country.

Unfortunatly, like always, it's never OUR war as Canada is usualy the peace-keeping country. It's countries like the US that screw us over and then we help because that's what we do.

(Seperatist comment torwards the guy who annoys all the idiots) People have different views, but when it all comes down to it, we're all in for the same consequences... Quebec is still apart of Canada and Quebec doesnt have it's own Army...so who protects Quebec? ;)

Asphyx said:

Hey le comique: C'est Jean Chrétien qui a envoyé les troupes canadiennes en Afghanistan.

Oublie jamais ça...

Chrétien a pas voulu aller en IRAQ parce que ça allait contre ses intérêt PERSONNELS. Avec le recul, c'était la bonne décision, mais pour les plus mauvaises raisons possibles pour un politicien.

Paul Desmarais est plus qu'un ami pour Jean Chrétien - les petits enfants des Jean Chrétien portent le nom de Desmarais. Ça aussi oublei jamais ça.

FUK WARS, FUK GUNS

avec toute cette argent on pourrait faire de la terre un paradis....mais non, faut que des osti de sans dessins decident de se tirer dessus pour une couple de piasse.......jamais je vais avoir des enfants.

ysrfreak said:
(Seperatist comment torwards the guy who annoys all the idiots) People have different views, but when it all comes down to it, we're all in for the same consequences... Quebec is still apart of Canada and Quebec doesnt have it's own Army...so who protects Quebec? ;)

I have family in the army. So yeah, i support the canadian troops and the american troops aswell. I'm not sayin here that i agree with all the politicians decisions...i'm just supporting the ones doing the dirty job. You know, the type of job a politician would never do.

then if its a dirty job they should quit.
support soldiers to serve the US interests? hell no
but to support soldier for peace, for sure. now, I dont see any soldiers fighting for peace....

momo123 said:
support soldiers to serve the US interests? hell no
but to support soldier for peace, for sure. now, I dont see any soldiers fighting for peace....

It's technically not a "dirty" job. It's a job, some suck, some dont. You do what you do, you got into the profession because you like it. Some made the mistake of signing a contract and now they cant get out of it. Others dont quit because they dont want to.

I do support our troops simply because they are making the ultimate sacrifice, however I do not support the war and the real reasons behind it. Like it was mentioned above, the Canadian military's agenda in most cases historically has been more of a pacive role, peace keeping role than anything else.

Supporting our troops does not automatically have to mean that you support the war.

momo123 said:

Spoken like a true basement dweller idealist. Not everybody has the leisure of quitting whatever they are doing at a moment's notice.

FUK WARS, FUK GUNS

avec toute cette argent on pourrait faire de la terre un paradis....mais non, faut que des osti de sans dessins decident de se tirer dessus pour une couple de piasse.......jamais je vais avoir des enfants.

Bon voeux, mais c'est malheureusement un voeux pieux.

Toute l'argent du monde ne peut pas changer la nature humaine. Avec le temps, l'humain n'a jamais inventé une seule nouvelle émotions, ils sont les même depuis la nuit des temps: jalousie, haine, peur, en fait tous les sentiment qui font que la guerre existe.

Je ne vois pas non plus comment on pourrait les désinventer.

To all the idiots syaing fuk war, **** violence, guns etc:

Its easy to say because you live in peace and freedom and don't have to fight anyone. If someone killed your family, stole your land, and occupied your country you'd be pretty friggen pissed off. Sitting back and saying fuk war when you have the easy life is arrogant, self centered and just plain stupid.

Furthermore, the Canadian Forces are NOT a peacekeeping entity. For the last 50 years we have done quite a bit of that but that is a sideline activity. When you join, you join to become a soldier and your primary job is to defend the country and its interests. We've had the luxury over the years of engaging in peacekeeping because we haven't been involved in huge conflicts but don't think for a minute that the job of this country's armed forces is only to peacekeep because you'll be in for a rude awakening as many are finding out now.

g-funk said:
To all the idiots syaing fuk war, **** violence, guns etc:

Its easy to say because you live in peace and freedom and don't have to fight anyone. If someone killed your family, stole your land, and occupied your country you'd be pretty friggen pissed off. Sitting back and saying fuk war when you have the easy life is arrogant, self centered and just plain stupid.

Furthermore, the Canadian Forces are NOT a peacekeeping entity. For the last 50 years we have done quite a bit of that but that is a sideline activity. When you join, you join to become a soldier and your primary job is to defend the country and its interests. We've had the luxury over the years of engaging in peacekeeping because we haven't been involved in huge conflicts but don't think for a minute that the job of this country's armed forces is only to peacekeep because you'll be in for a rude awakening as many are finding out now.

nobody said it was a peacekeeping entity. Don't get you panties all up in a bunch.

What I said was that our role in many conflicts has been one of that type of function. As Canadians, we have had the privelage of not having to defend our country because of our pacive stance.

Essentially, we are saying the same thing, the only thing that differs is that you are gonna have a coronary defending your point.

journeyman said:
As Canadians, we have had the privelage of not having to defend our country because of our pacive stance.

Good observation, wrong conclusion. We haven't had to defend our country DIRECTLY ( we did fight in WW1 and WW2...) not because of our passive stance (we certainly were not passive during the Cold war where our forces were deployed in Germany, ready to pounce on the Soviets at a moment's notice), but because we only have one neighbour and a pretty respectful one at that. That is the only reason why we didn't have to fight.

Passive stance doesn't mean immunity from fighting. Ask the Netherlands and Belgium about that one... Geography meant we did not have to fight, nothing else.

Big Pat said:
Good observation, wrong conclusion. We haven't had to defend our country DIRECTLY ( we did fight in WW1 and WW2...) not because of our passive stance (we certainly were not passive during the Cold war where our forces were deployed in Germany, ready to pounce on the Soviets at a moment's notice), but because we only have one neighbour and a pretty respectful one at that. That is the only reason why we didn't have to fight.

Passive stance doesn't mean immunity from fighting. Ask the Netherlands and Belgium about that one... Geography meant we did not have to fight, nothing else.

Wow, what is this..."misread Journeyman's quotes" day today?

I never wrote we did not participate in any wars. I never wrote we were immune to participating in any conflicts.

Some people here are SO eager to pounce on someone's quote to make themselves look like a bloody historian that you fail to read a paragraph for what it is.

We have never had to defend our country on our own land because of our pacive nature. We have never been the aggressor. At the same time, nor has our government ever thought twice about sending troops abroad in both peacekeeping roles and more active roles during WWI, WWII, Gulf War, Afghanistan, and now possibly the Isreal/ Lebanon conflict, mostly in a support role to the stronger, more active militaries.

Therefore, my conclusion stands.We have never had to directly defend our country since we have never been the instigator in any conflict. Canadians, as well as its government ( excluding possibly Harper), have always taken a pacive stance when it has come to conflict resolution of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back