What people need to know about Bill 14

Pillpopper

It dawned on me as I went through the interviews I gave following last week's anti-Bill 14 demonstration, that many people - including commentators - did not know what this Bill is about. It is only tangentially about language. Language is the excuse for some of the most retrograde initiatives a western liberal jurisdiction can enact. Following is a list of just five of the most shameful elements of the Bill.

1. The Bill eliminates the term of law "ethnic minorities" which is a human rights designation in the UN Covenant on Human Rights (1948), The UN Covenant on Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities (1992), The Inter-Parliamentary Alliance Quebec City Declaration (Oct. 2012, accepted by this very government,) the Canadian Charter and the Quebec Charter, with the designation of "cultural communities" which has no legal standing. Quebec thus becomes the first western democratic jurisdiction to opt out of an international human rights regime.

2. The Bill gives inspectors for the OQLF the power to seize anything in a place of business that they find objectionable; go to the director of criminal and penal prosecutions; swear out an affidavit; and get a court judgment for $2500 without any notice to the citizen. Quebec thus becomes the first western democratic jurisdiction to allow prosecutions without notice, a basic tenat of western law for a thousand years and considered by Montesquieu in "Les ésprits des lois" to be the basis of civilized legal regimes. Actually, Revenue Quebec officers had that power for a year and a half until revisions were made last year following my representations to then Finance Minister Raymond Bachand and Jean St-Gelais, then Director General of Revenue Quebec, now head of the fonction publique.

3. The Parti Québecois has since its founding in 1970 made respect for “démocratie locale” a foundational organizing principle. Bill 14 will do away with bilingual status for the 89 municipalities - 70 with more than 90% francophone population - who have passed resolutions stating that they wish to retain their bilingual status. So much for local democracy.

4. Sec. 33 of this Bill directs anglophone CEGEPs not to consider any applications from francophone students until all anglophone applications have been accepted. That’s called segregation. Would we ever accept this if instead of anglophone we used the word "men" and instead of francophone we used the word "women." Standards based on language are as discriminatory as those based on color, gender, or religion.

5.Soldiers who risk their lives for our safety will be forced to send their children to French schools even if they have been transferred here from other parts of the country and are themselves anglophones. Eliminating the Bill 101 exemption for soldiers is simply odious.
People should read the Bill, and understand the extent of injustice that is possible here. The bill is not about language. It is a venal attempt by a government that has had to back away from almost all its promises to keep its `"pur et dur" in line through the politics of demonization, nullification and interposition.

To view in the Bill in English, google “Bill 14” and download the PDF.

http://www.thesuburban.com/article.php?id=1072&title=What-People-Need-To-Know-About-Bill-14

C'est des malades mentals

C'est un non-sens du début à la fin, une belle connerie pour créer une chicane entre Anglais-Français pour essayer de re-mousser la souveraineté, alors que le 3/4 de la population veut rien savoir. Ca, c'est le PQ en 2013 :squintfin

Je mets au défi n'importe quel péquiste pur et dur de me trouver un seul bon argument en faveur d'une niaiserie pareil.

C'est incroyable, je suis sans mot

Fucking Stazi's! I will not say NAZI's because that is lessening those who fell under the Fascist Regime of WW2... But MAN. That bitch be CRAY!

I am disgusted, I have never heard about a gov't that discriminates against the MAJORITY of its own people. I hope that this bill fails and that the PQ stops fucking up.

time to separate the montreal metropolitain area from the rest of quebec

Imagine, that would be crazy.

Funny thing is, I bet you Montreal tourism would rise lol. But honestly, Montreal isn't Montreal without the french aspect. Just wish shit would be left alone....things "were" better

Imagine, that would be crazy.

Funny thing is, I bet you Montreal tourism would rise lol. But honestly, Montreal isn't Montreal without the french aspect. Just wish shit would be left alone....things "were" better

That's wishful thinking, these phaggots in the PQ just cannot be happy with english speakers and think francophones who speak english are traitors.

This is precisely why the PQ needs to cease to exist. Every time they take power they create division and hatred in this province. They don't unify the province, they destroy it.

Last edited:
Glad I don't live there anymore. I'll admit there is no greater city than Montreal, but the whole french english fight is annoying as fuck. People here in Ottawa have no problem with languages, you can go anywhere and be served in whichever you prefer.

It's scary but everything listed there is exactly what the Nazi Party did in Germany after they gained power..

Just the logical progression in this feminized failed state.

A bunch of pretentious old fucks living under the delusion that they are something special, something distinct. Believing that they are not in fact just a mix of various european races with a heaping dose of native DNA, like most canadians.

Here they are pushing an ultra-nationalist platform when they have no truly distinct nationality or culture to protect. Quebec is "Canada v.f." Same indistinct gene pool, just more poutine and french added in. So a nationalist platform based on what?

Nationalism is an absurd idea in any melting-pot country. Nationalism by definition requires distinct genetic lineage and a long history and established culture. Quebec has none of these. Canada and the USA have none of these. The best they can hope for is patriotism, but that would involve accepting the fact that they are canadian citizens residing in Quebec.

And so, while the place is disintegrating, i will have the weirdest boner ever.

Last edited:
^To a certain extent I agree. It's impossibru for the PQ to have any serious nationalistic sense given that a person will lose their "cultural Purity" by learning english. It's a croc o' shit. They have what 400 Years of heritage of getting kicked out of France to live in a frozen wasteland. Lol @ those phaggots.

C'est drôle tu efface mon message sous prétexte de ne pas vouloir avoir une guerre de langue(message en privé), mais tu laisse les commentaires méprisant à l'égard du pq et des francophone.

-Les municipalités ont jamais consultées leurs citoyens sur la questions de la langue ce n'est que le conseil municipale qui à pris c'est décision. C'est tout à fait normal qu'une ville qui à une MAJORITÉ (+50%) fonctionne en français au Québec!
-Les soldats qui respectent les critères prévus dans la loi 101 vont pouvoir envoyer leurs enfants à l'école en anglais.
-Les commerçants ne respectent pas la loi 101, donc on fait bien de vouloir donner plus pouvoir aux inspecteurs.
-Le taux d'assimilation des francophones est alarmant au Québec et dans le reste du canada. on fait bien de contrôler le flux d'étudiants francophone qui s'inscrivent dans un cégep anglais.

Les anglophones du Québec sont la minorité la plus choyés au monde (plus de financement par capita pour leurs établissement) mais ils continuent de se plaindre et de chialer au racisme!

C'est drôle tu efface mon message sous prétexte de ne pas vouloir avoir une guerre de langue(message en privé), mais tu laisse les commentaires méprisant à l'égard du pq et des francophone.

Ca c'est bien vrai.

J'ai eu un avis d'infraction pour un commentaire déplacé contre les anglophones du West Island quand la majorité des sujets sur MTLRacing sont remplis de commentaire anti-Québec et anti-francophones.

J'ai comme l'impression que ceux qui font c'est commentaires ne reçoivent pas d'avis d'infraction.

PS: JE ne suis pas en accord avec la nouvelle loi 14.

Last edited:
Back