Article: Slower traffic keep right for Québec

Need another one for 4 and 6 lane highways.

"Do not slow down for curves"

How many times do you see some moron slow from 100 to 80 because there's a curve in the highway.

^^ C'est pas mal juste dans les pentes qui a ca pour ceux qui sont loadé et ralentisse tout le monde, mais quand même, c'est un bon début.

C'est souvent dans des pentes, mais il y en a plein dans des endroits plat aussi ( sur la 105 entre autre ) .

Quand j'en pogne un, j'embarque sur les hautes et je fais changer la teinte de la peinture de son bumber arrière
Le message passe asser vite normalement.
#DeathStare
#GetOutOfTheLeftLaneYouStupidAsianBitch

Une situation que je trouve dérengente (corriger moi si j'ai tord) et que je trouve qui se produit de plus en plus souvent... quelqu un qui roule tranquil dans la voie du milieu a 100-105km/h et qui se fait pousser à 1 pied du derrière par un poid lourd pour qu'il se tasse... c'est pas comme si la personne roulais 80 et que la je comprendrais qu'elle devrait etre dans la voit de droite mais la... si le char doit freiner d'urgence le poid lourd et plus qu'un peu dans la merdre???? je la comprend vraiment pas celle la...
Le poids lourd a accès a deux voies sur trois: celles de droite.

Si tu occupes la voie du centre en roulant a 100-105km/h alors que tu pourrais très bien rouler a droite et te tasser pour dépasser les quelques marteaux qui roulent moins que 100, bha tu lui libèrerais le chemin et il te suivrait pas à un pied du bumper.

Pour avoir conduit à plusieurs endroits au Canada et aux États-Unis durant les dernières années (comme plusieurs ici), je remarque que principalement la province du Québec présente un retard sévère de pratiquement 20 ans sur la signalisation, entre autre. Puis après on se demande pourquoi on est parmi les pires conducteurs en amérique du nord pis qu'on conduit comme des vrais mongoles.

Pas plus tard que tantôt je signales pour tourner à droite sur ma rue, en étant sur un boulevard je m'attends toujours à me faire coller au cul par des ti-casses en arrière et comme de fait, le criss de chaudron qui me tailgate au cul a pas pu s'empêcher d'à peine ralentir pour que je puisse prendre mon virage à une vitesse sécuritaire mais il a osé me flasher ses hautes comme si c'était anormal de ralentir avant de tourner dans une rue.

Pis anyway back on topic, je l'avais déjà callé ca y'a pas vraiment longtemps

yzupu3e3.jpg

Dans ce temps la, immobilises toi completement, crisse ca sur le park, brake a bras et tu vas t expliquer avec lui. 9 chances sur 10 quil begaye comme un esti de raison. Ya toujours bien des crisses de limites a se faire pousser dans le cul sur la route.

It's pretty bad in the States, we actually have it the best from what I've seen. I recently drove from Montreal to Vancouver and I passed through the US, no one moves over on the left lane. In fact in Michigan one guy gave me the finger because I eventually passed him on the right, and in Montana someone threw an empty can at me for the same reason. Aside from that, Florida has gotta be the worst out of everything.

Last edited:
It's pretty bad in the States, we actually have it the best from what I've seen. I recently drove from Montreal to Vancouver and I passed through the US, no one moves over on the left lane. In fact in Michigan one guy gave me the finger because I eventually passed him on the right, and in Montana someone through an empty can at me for the same reason. Aside from that, Florida has gotta be the worst out of everything.

I concur.

While I think the signs would be a great idea, it's interesting that the situation is FAR worse in Ontario (where they have signs). You'll also notice that more often than not, the guy hogging the left lane in Quebec has Ontario plates. It's out of control. But great idea for the signs.

It really is out of control. And I don't understand why people from Ontario do this!

Drives me nuts lol

Wish they would do that out west where all those signs are. When I come back to Quebec I notice cars move out of your way faster than in AB and BC.

Pas plus tard que tantôt je signales pour tourner à droite sur ma rue, en étant sur un boulevard je m'attends toujours à me faire coller au cul par des ti-casses en arrière et comme de fait, le criss de chaudron qui me tailgate au cul a pas pu s'empêcher d'à peine ralentir pour que je puisse prendre mon virage à une vitesse sécuritaire mais il a osé me flasher ses hautes comme si c'était anormal de ralentir avant de tourner dans une rue.

Si Ça t'arrive souvent, prend donc 2 secondes pour vérifier que ton flasher arrière n'est pas brulé... Ça pourrait expliqué des choses...

Si Ça t'arrive souvent, prend donc 2 secondes pour vérifier que ton flasher arrière n'est pas brulé... Ça pourrait expliqué des choses...

Je sais pas quoi te répondre autre que, habituellement, un flasher brulé fait en sorte que ton clignotement est multiplié de vitesse. C'est assez évident de se rendre compte que ton flasher marche pas. Avais-tu pensé à celle-là ?

An interesting thread complete with stories about having experienced the frustrating experience of being stuck being a left lane camper. More signage could help but of course greater enforcement would be needed to make it effective. Beyond complaining about the problem here, what else could be done? Well I wonder if there's a MR member who has an HD dash cam, spends a fair amount of time on the road whether it's for work or whatever, and would like to make a compilation of left lane camping incidents they experience. Some info you could record are the date, time, your vehicle's estimated speed, the context (# of lanes, traffic vs. empty road), your actions (you signaled left and waited patiently for X # of seconds/minutes behind the LLC), location (autoroute/secondary road #), etc. Then save the info in a spreadsheet, present your findings here and upload the video(s) to youtube and who knows, maybe the media / police agencies will take notice.

^

I wonder how, statistically, the left lane huggers' attitude is affected by the actual car that pulls up behind them.

It's impossible that they're not actually seeing the cars behind them, especially with newer, brighter, DRLs. I'd be more inclined in thinking jealousy, simple frustration or even anger in most cases, seeing as this is what I've witnessed (in this thread also). Hell, they'll camp forever, even when the right lane is clear, looking at me in their incorrectly adjusted driver's side mirror, and then when I finally get by, some, like the retard in the yellow Focus on the 10 Sunday, will actually find their accelerator pedal, catch back up and flip me the bird, just to confirm that they were being a dick, and are unhappy that it didn't work for as long as they wanted it to.

We'd have to conduct the research with various vehicles, for example a normal, everyday car like a Toyota Corolla or Mazda 3, a cop car look-alike like a white Charger or whatever, then a sports car like a 370Z, M3 or Cayman (not an American one because it skews the results based on the fact that the boomers all dream of owning one of those, so they let them through), then an old beat-up truck with concrete blocks chained to the front of it.

I'm sure the everyday cars and sports cars would be stuck forever behind them in general...

^^ I already did this type of tests and I can confirm you that a nicer car, will get you more clearance than a normal car. Especially when they see you in the rear mirror coming faster. Something like, " ohh this guy drives a Ferrari , I do not know who he is but I do not want to deal with him, so I move to the right." or " ohhh, this guy drives a Ferrari, a faster car then me, I move".
"ohhh. this guy drives a Toyota, fuc@ him, I'm as fast as him, he can take me on the right if he wants".
" ohhh. this guy drives a Toyota, fuc@ this moron! "

As well at night in a nice car in general is better, because LED or adaptive bi-xenon headlights help a lot. They see you coming from further, and if they can move to the right, most of the time they will.
And all left lane campers, 98%, they see you as you mentioned in the mirror. Then, there is the blind ones.

Avnat de crisser tout le monde dans la voie de droite, faudra leur éduquer le ''Céder le passage'' convenablement.

Oh et aussi leur montrer de pas accélérer quand tu fais une tentative de dépassage wtf. J'ai l'impression que c'est soit un problème d'orgueil de se faire dépasser, ou soit que le monde dorme ca switch et quand ils se font dépasser ca les réveille pendant 30 secondes, accélère à 120-125kmh, se fait distraire par une moufette morte et ralentit à nouveau à 90-100kmh.

^^ I already did this type of tests and I can confirm you that a nicer car, will get you more clearance than a normal car. Especially when they see you in the rear mirror coming faster. Something like, " ohh this guy drives a Ferrari , I do not know who he is but I do not want to deal with him, so I move to the right." or " ohhh, this guy drives a Ferrari, a faster car then me, I move".
"ohhh. this guy drives a Toyota, fuc@ him, I'm as fast as him, he can take me on the right if he wants".
" ohhh. this guy drives a Toyota, fuc@ this moron! "

As well at night in a nice car in general is better, because LED or adaptive bi-xenon headlights help a lot. They see you coming from further, and if they can move to the right, most of the time they will.
And all left lane campers, 98%, they see you as you mentioned in the mirror. Then, there is the blind ones.

I confirm.

Everytime I drive my car everyone stfu. If I end up behind someone, they usually move. If I feel like driving like a gran-ma no one tail gates me.

Whenever I take my girlfriend's Yaris though, it's a fucking nightmare.

Back