Need help picking summer tires

Harley514

Hello all,
I need new summer tires for next year. I just finished a set of Continental CrossContact (good set, the salesman at the tire shop recommended them). Now that I need to buy 4 new tires I've decided to do some shopping alone and see what else is out there. I'm no tire expert so I came here to see if anybody had some info/advice on tires and which ones are good deals. Based on my research I keep getting the same tires that pop up: Michelin Latitude Sport, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, Yokohama ADVAN Sport, Pirelli P Zero, and Continental CrossContact. Besides the Contis, does anybody have any information/feedback on the other tires? Most reviews are favourable but you never know and it's always good to get additional information. Tires are for a Porsche Cayenne GTS, size is 295/35R21.
Thank you!

^^^ +1

Price to performance they are hard to beat. Also they let you know BEFORE they go loose so you can slow down. I had them on all my previous cars and recommend them.

Not many brand/models in that size.
Your original tires 21, are Latitude or Yokohama, hence the reason they pop up everywhere in your research.
Hankook, not sure they made that size.
I'd stay with Latitude.

Pirelli verde 2x. Longest lasting tire of the bunch, silent and fun to drive. The stiffness of the carcass goes really well with the type of car you have. They wear very evenly, no scuffing at all.

Huh ??? All season tire for a 21" rim?
Nice choice !
Damn, it's a "sport" car not a soccer mommy car.

Pilot latitude sport then, happy 15000km at most. The fact is Pirelli Verde are very good in the road handling department but the thread a lot longer and resists a lot more the heat generated by the weight of your vehicule. I've been selling and testing tires for the last 14 years. Its my day job. And I'm very picky when it comes to my own tire choices. BTW, forget about the conti's, they wear really badly, they scuff.

Yeah. European made tires for a European made car. Suspension angles, carcass and load range are the necessary stuff to look for. Don't go below your load index, my best advice. 107Y xtra load.

Michelin product code: 73118 michelin latitude sport XL N1 porsche specific
Pirelli P-Zero product code: 2049400 N1 specific

forget about the yokohama's personally, very over priced and over rated.

It seems that I have very good prices on Pirelli's but i'd take the michelins if price is not the primary factor.

Noted. Thank you very much Sir. I'm probably going to drive the car down to the states and buy my tires there since the prices are usually a bit better, however if you want to leave me your email or business contact I'd appreciate it *tu*

Back