Any full time traders on MR?

@250Rocket

I really enjoy reading you.

This is your 2011 quote that started my journey a few months later into Bitcoin...

You said, "BRB, opening an account before it goes Nova" and it did ... It was during the first "bubble", at around 30$.

Did you embark early, finally?

Thread -> https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...he-death-blow-to-the-dollar&highlight=bitcoin

http://www.springwise.com/financial_services/bitcoin/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo&feature=player_embedded

BRB getting an account before it goes Nova.

@250Rocket

I really enjoy reading you.

This is your 2011 quote that started my journey a few months later into Bitcoin...

You said, "BRB, opening an account before it goes Nova" and it did ... It was during the first "bubble", at around 30$.

Did you embark early, finally?

Thread -> https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...he-death-blow-to-the-dollar&highlight=bitcoin

I'm glad I sparked something. My journey with bitcoin is fickled. I did jump in and when it spike to $1k I got out. Didn't make that much because I didn't invest a whole lot. I still believe in the fundamentals of bitcoin, but along the way it lost me. I argued at length in the crypto thread against it after being a strong supporter of it at the beginning.

The reason are
1) The introduction of 1000's of shit coins,
2) The lambo dreamers

but most importantly

3)the forking of Bitcoin

I've come to the conclusion over the years that anything that could be expanded unnaturally (without work), will end up broken and taken advantage of. Had it stayed a single chain, I would still consider it today.

Vendu mes PUTS de JBLU hier à l'ouverture à sont point le plus bas et j'ai pogné ce matin des call de SQQQ pratiquement à son plus bas de la journée...So far so good mais je joue safe, des petits montants, le marché est complètement imprévisible en ce moment malgrer un petit bull trend. La patience est de mise.

Ta pris des “calls” d’un ETF put lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not exactly the stock market, and it's a little late now (hard to find), but my current play is pure silver coins.

Strategy:

Pick up 1 ounce pure silver coins. Not rounds, not bars, specifically coins (i.e. from a recognized mint).

Logic:

You want silver because the Gold to silver ration is crazy high and it's one of the most unloved assets at the moment. Economic conditions are breaking down, governments and central banks are printing and spending like crazy and we're generally at the end of a long bull cycle. Add to that general international tensions, governments will flock to to only thing that has been universally accepted for international trade over the past century, and technically millennia. JPMorgan Russia and China are accumulating sutly while almost nobody is paying attention. It's one of the few things that doesn't have counter party risk and while definitely a heavily gray zone in tax law, there's an exception for capital gains on coins. That is to say as long as each coin is below $1,000 each, you can sell them and not owe a cent to the government (theoretically up to 4000% tax free gain from today's prices). https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-ag...ting-schedule-3/listed-personal-property.html

I'm glad I sparked something. My journey with bitcoin is fickled. I did jump in and when it spike to $1k I got out. Didn't make that much because I didn't invest a whole lot. I still believe in the fundamentals of bitcoin, but along the way it lost me. I argued at length in the crypto thread against it after being a strong supporter of it at the beginning.

The reason are
1) The introduction of 1000's of shit coins,
2) The lambo dreamers

but most importantly

3)the forking of Bitcoin

I've come to the conclusion over the years that anything that could be expanded unnaturally (without work), will end up broken and taken advantage of. Had it stayed a single chain, I would still consider it today.

hey that's some nice and honest statement...
I remember how vigorously you argues against it....

I still believe in it and now more than ever...

but yes let the longest chain prevail and long life BTC

Not exactly the stock market, and it's a little late now (hard to find), but my current play is pure silver coins.

Strategy:

Pick up 1 ounce pure silver coins. Not rounds, not bars, specifically coins (i.e. from a recognized mint).

Logic:

You want silver because the Gold to silver ration is crazy high and it's one of the most unloved assets at the moment. Economic conditions are breaking down, governments and central banks are printing and spending like crazy and we're generally at the end of a long bull cycle. Add to that general international tensions, governments will flock to to only thing that has been universally accepted for international trade over the past century, and technically millennia. JPMorgan Russia and China are accumulating sutly while almost nobody is paying attention. It's one of the few things that doesn't have counter party risk and while definitely a heavily gray zone in tax law, there's an exception for capital gains on coins. That is to say as long as each coin is below $1,000 each, you can sell them and not owe a cent to the government (theoretically up to 4000% tax free gain from today's prices). https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-ag...ting-schedule-3/listed-personal-property.html

that's nice but somehow difficult to do......how did you figures out this one ....? there are some countries where pole are advocating this for years now...

Ta pris des “calls” d’un ETF put lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

De .88 à 1,20 :p

On s'entend je dirais jamais à un newb de commencer avec des play comme ça.. C'est quand même calculé et c'est pas un investissement. Ça répondait à mon besoin du moment, les SPY put me disaient rien aujourd'hui..

Strategy:

Logic:

I’ve been reading a lot into precious metals lately. I’ve come to the conclusion I wanted to invest in this. I’ve read into the tax benefits and historical ratios right now (114:1). Silver has an enormous potential to go higher than what it’s at right. When I started searching for bullion at reputable dealers lately, I noticed it was all sold out....
Also, if I’d wanted to buy gold or silver 1oz coins right now, everyone is selling way over spot price.

Sent from my biohazard bunker using IPhone

that's nice but somehow difficult to do......how did you figures out this one ....? there are some countries where pole are advocating this for years now...

Not really hard to do. Before COVID-19 a simple online order and they delivered coins to your door. Throw it in a safety deposit box and you're done. KITCO is local if you prefer.

If something catches my eye and makes sense to me, I dig deeper. Since 2009 (after the last crash) I've been keen to sound money which is why I tuned into Bitcoin in 2011 after hearing about it. Gold and Silver were always in the back of my mind. After Silver dropped (2012) I looked into more and that's when I came across Peter Schiff, Mike Maloney, Max Keiser, Jim Rickards and a few others. I don't agree with any one of them fully, but together their information was clear that the economy never fully corrected in 2009 and that they started reinflating the bubble with QE 1, 2 and 3.

I've started mid-2017 (because I feared Trump might have not won) and been building a position in it since because it's only become worse. I haven't shared this strategy outright like I have now but over the years I've definitely brought it up here on MR. It's just most people ignore me because (I know) I can be strong willed, argumentative and I get agitated, especially if I post hungry. Now, short of literally buying most of the market, I think we're past the event horizon and it's only a matter of time.

The knowledge of the taxes, that was simply being diligent. If you're jumping in to anything, you should be doing your homework about how you're getting out. Out of an investment usually means taxes and it's everyone's civic duty to pay the least amount. I wanted to put it into a TFSA and when the options were super limited I continued searching and came across somebody more knowledgeable and their article pointed out the gray zone exemption for coins.

I could be flat out wrong about this, but both my gut and my brain tell me otherwise and long term, you can't really go wrong with PMs. The day I get news that somebody has cracked alchemy and is making silver and gold, that's the day I liquidate it as fast as possible, but I'd bet on $10,000 Gold, $200 silver before that happen.

Meh silver has always been an odd one. Ive always considered it to be like the 25 year gov bond.. everyone should have a little gold stashed away. Like 3-6 oz

I’ve been reading a lot into precious metals lately. I’ve come to the conclusion I wanted to invest in this. I’ve read into the tax benefits and historical ratios right now (114:1). Silver has an enormous potential to go higher than what it’s at right. When I started searching for bullion at reputable dealers lately, I noticed it was all sold out....
Also, if I’d wanted to buy gold or silver 1oz coins right now, everyone is selling way over spot price.

Sent from my biohazard bunker using IPhone

Silver has the bigger upside potential but it's also more volatile, less sure. Can't go wrong with Gold long term. There's a move, I'm not sure if there's a technical term for it, I just call it the gold silver flip flop. Right now buy silver at the 114:1 ratio, when it gets down to something like 40:1, trade in for 3 ounces of gold. then if it returned to 80:1, you trade back and now have 240 ounces by only paying for 114. Historically (long ago) ratio was in the teens or twenties. More recently 40 is low and 80:1 is starting to get high. >100 i wouldn't touch gold.

You can add to your position by buying the one that's favorable at the time you want to purchase.

Right now there's a COVID-19 panic. Dealers were blitzed for bullion and there's a back order because business was otherwise slow. Premiums are crazy, sometimes as high as 100% for silver ounces (meaning you pay double spot price). What I don't know is how much longer before the next run up. It was $50 USD/ounce in 2011 before being artificially smashed down by future contracts on the COMEX (I call it the CRIMEX). If you find at $25 USD now, it might seem steep, but it's half of the previous high. It's really up to you to decide what's right for you.

Also in general, yes you'll pay less premium for bars but the coins are the best option in my books. Don't forget, you'll get part of that premium back when selling.

Silver has the bigger upside potential but it's also more volatile, less sure. Can't go wrong with Gold long term. There's a move, I'm not sure if there's a technical term for it, I just call it the gold silver flip flop. Right now buy silver at the 114:1 ratio, when it gets down to something like 40:1, trade in for 3 ounces of gold. then if it returned to 80:1, you trade back and now have 240 ounces by only paying for 114. Historically (long ago) ratio was in the teens or twenties. More recently 40 is low and 80:1 is starting to get high. >100 i wouldn't touch gold.

You can add to your position by buying the one that's favorable at the time you want to purchase.

Right now there's a COVID-19 panic. Dealers were blitzed for bullion and there's a back order because business was otherwise slow. Premiums are crazy, sometimes as high as 100% for silver ounces (meaning you pay double spot price). What I don't know is how much longer before the next run up. It was $50 USD/ounce in 2011 before being artificially smashed down by future contracts on the COMEX (I call it the CRIMEX). If you find at $25 USD now, it might seem steep, but it's half of the previous high. It's really up to you to decide what's right for you.

Also in general, yes you'll pay less premium for bars but the coins are the best option in my books. Don't forget, you'll get part of that premium back when selling.

As tu deja regardé : http://www.reserves.mint.ca/Tsx_Silver_Fr

et leur REÇUS DE TRANSACTIONS BOURSIÈRES (RTB) MNS.TO

qu'en penses-tu ?

As tu deja regardé : http://www.reserves.mint.ca/Tsx_Silver_Fr

et leur REÇUS DE TRANSACTIONS BOURSIÈRES (RTB) MNS.TO

qu'en penses-tu ?

I'm generally of the belief, if you don't hold it, you don't own it. This doesn't literally mean you have to keep it in your possession, but your better off to take possession and store it with company like Brinks than to trust someone else to hold it for you sight unseen. There are so many gold and silver IOUs out there, there may come a day where people only accept the real thing and you'd be left holding the worthless paper claim to something that never existed.

So I'll flip the question back to you. How much do you trust the mint to have that silver in stock and would you be realistically be able to take possession given their requirments?

http://www.reserves.mint.ca/tsx_silver_fr/investisseurs/échange/

Back