Florida school shooting

You still don't understand do you. Most of the time it's not even about using the gun, it's about the repercussions of having it. If you had two towns, republicanville and democratville side by side. In the first, everyone had guns and could use them freely if you broke in and in the second you had 0 guns and strict laws about fighting back. You want to go rob a house, which city do you go do it in.

Guns are the great equalizer. The perp doesn't have that extra assurance to go do whatever. Why do you think 99% attacks happen in gun free zones. The perp feels like they have the upper hand.

That extends to government. You can write all the pretty bullshit you want to justify it to yourself but at the end of the day, the fact is that it's not words on a paper that stop people from doing bad things, it's a superior counter-force by opposing parties that enforce those nice words on a paper. When through subversion all branches of government can be corrupted, the people then become, as a last resort, that opposing force to ensure accountability.

What about the grief they experienced when they got the diagnoses, or the grief when things took a turn for the worse? The difference is one is prolonged the other is a shock. Both cases they would have wished their family member was alive and well. But we're diverging for my point. Again the point I'm getting at is if we value life so dearly that a random, statistically improbably event causes people to go batshit crazy about what we need to do to prevent a loss of life, why isn't that same gusto being applied to more likely killers.

Do you not let your kid swim in the ocean because shark attacks? You used the wrong word, it's not normal, it's statistically improbable that a kid will get shot. The odds of getting attacked and killed by a shark are 1 in 3,748,067. From fireworks (1 in 340,733), lightning (1 in 79,746), drowning (1 in 1,134), a car accident (1 in 84).

Since 2010 there have been 133 incidences resulting in 160 deaths and 238 injuries.How many schools, how many children and how many hours of class. There have been more airplane incidences in that time so if you're worried that your kid is going to die in a hail of bullets, don't fly anywhere either.

This neighborhood argument is so, but soooo weak it’s not even funny lol...How many times did everyone on MR without guns got robbed? Anyone?

Please, any argument but not this lol

There is absolutely no good reason to own guns except the fact that its fun, especially semi-autos...Arguing against that is just a plain lost of time.

This neighborhood argument is so, but soooo weak it’s not even funny lol...How many times did everyone on MR without guns got robbed? Anyone?

Please, any argument but not this lol

We're talking about the USA. Canada is on another level.

We're talking about the USA. Canada is on another level.

Yeah ok, let’s get the stats of the number of robberies in USA vs Canada, and compare them to the number of school shootings everyday in USA vs Canada, and see if it’s worth it!

Oh wait no gun nutz surely don’t wanna see those stats lol

Comparing with Canada was my point really, we are a place with not much guns and we don’t get robbed everyday because of this.

Yeah ok, let’s get the stats of the number of robberies in USA vs Canada, and compare them to the number of school shootings everyday in USA vs Canada, and see if it’s worth it!

Oh wait no gun nutz surely don’t wanna see those stats lol

actually pro-guns usually use stats in their debates, whereas anti-guns use feelings and emotions. I don't have the stats you're looking for though.

always back with this wonderful quote from Molyneux. There is no such thing as gun-control

bd5e2237f9bfd01458ba64f302b3f35d.jpg

actually pro-guns usually use stats in their debates, whereas anti-guns use feelings and emotions. I don't have the stats you're looking for though.

More than 1 school shooting a day in the states, and thats SCHOOL shooting were not even talking about freaks opening fire in a Walmart or whatever. 372 school shootings in 2015.

How many robberies have guns saved in 2015? How many saved robberies would be worth having 372 school shootings lol?

I don’t use emotions as arguments because I love guns, I have my restricted license and I hope I will be able to enjoy it as long as possible, but I use common sens and I am perfectly aware that there is absolutely no GOOD reason to own guns other than «*its so damn fun*», arguing otherwise is just pathetic

More than 1 school shooting a day in the states, and thats SCHOOL shooting were not even talking about freaks opening fire in a Walmart or whatever. 372 school shootings in 2015.

How many robberies have guns saved in 2015? How many robberies saved would be worth having 372 school shootings lol?

I don’t use emotions as arguments because I love guns, I have my restricted license and I hope I will be able to enjoy it as long as possible, but I use common sens and I am perfectly aware that there is absolutely no GOOD reason to own guns other than «*its so damn fun*», arguing otherwise is just pathetic

btw those "18 school shootings" we're not all mass shootings

here, there were only three. But yes 3 is too much

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...-false-18-us-school-shootings-so-far-2018-an/

btw those "18 school shootings" we're not all mass shootings

here, there were only three. But yes 3 is too much

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...-false-18-us-school-shootings-so-far-2018-an/

Lmao an article doesn't get more pro-gun than this...Did you even read it?

Unidentified shooter fired shots into building. No injuries.

Ok so the man is unidentified and there was no injuries, so the fact that he fired shots into the building is now a detail right lmao? No injuries! Doesn't count!

Shots fired from car in parking lot, with one shot hitting window of residence hall. No injuries.

Still, no injuries, doesn't count!

One student wounds another student during argument at sorority party.

Bhaaa this was just a typical fight in the US, one is laughing at the other, the other answers with a weapon, usual day right? Nothing to be scared of here.

Unknown person fired shots at students standing in parking lot. No injuries from gunshots.

Again, how is it a shooting if you don't know who shot the weapon? Doesn't count! Next!

Individual ejected from game for fighting was shot at in parking lot. No injuries.

Meh again, typical kids fight. Doesn't count!

Student wounded in parking lot during apparent robbery.

Wait what? I thought guns were preventing robberies?!? Doesn't count.

Lmao I could go on and on, this article is quite laughable but I wasn't expecting less from it...The 18 stats wasn't saying 18 MASS SHOOTING, it was saying 18 school shooting which is everytime a fucking weapon has been fired in a school, no matter the reason, the amount of injuries or death. How many gun shots were fired in your son's school?

Last edited:
Lmao an article doesn't get more pro-gun than this...Did you even read it?

Ok so the man is unidentified and there was no injuries, so the fact that he fired shots into the building is now a detail right lmao? No injuries! Doesn't count!

Still, no injuries, doesn't count!

Bhaaa this was just a typical fight in the US, one is laughing at the other, the other answers with a weapon, usual day right? Nothing to be scared of here.

Again, how is it a shooting if you don't know who shot the weapon? Doesn't count! Next!

Meh again, typical kids fight. Doesn't count!

Wait what? I thought guns were preventing robberies?!? Doesn't count.

Lmao I could go on and on, this article is quite laughable but I wasn't expecting less from it...The 18 stats wasn't saying 18 MASS SHOOTING, it was saying 18 school shooting which is everytime a fucking weapon has been fired in a school, no matter the amount of injuries or death. How many gun shots were fired in your son's school?

my son doesn't go to school.

I'm just showing you the article because you seemed to believe the leftist media's propaganda.

my son doesn't go to school.

I'm just showing you the article because you seemed to believe the leftist media's propaganda.

I am able to make my own conclusions no worries, I would be worried about one reading your article and thinking there was only 3 school shootings though!

I am able to make my own conclusions no worries, I would be worried about one reading your article and thinking there was only 3 school shootings though!

"shooting" is a vague term

"mass shooting" is much more dramatic in the sense that the media will use the term every time a gun is fired, regardless of how many victimes there are.

Just like the media always say the AR-15 is an assault rifle when we all know it's not.

What do you guys think of the Boushie case? The shooter was found innocent, "le fusil a tiré tout seul".

"shooting" is a vague term

"mass shooting" is much more dramatic in the sense that the media will use the term every time a gun is fired, regardless of how many victimes there are.

Just like the media always say the AR-15 is an assault rifle when we all know it's not.

There is nothing vague about the statistics, they clearly specify that the stats are based on :

"any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building, or on a school campus or grounds."

Then again, most gun nutz will totally ignore most of these stats because "They were not mass shootings" and normal weapon firing in school is totally normal...

It's not worth arguing at this point, let Darwin do his job and enjoy the shitshow on TV news every week or so :dunno:

There is nothing vague about the statistics, they clearly specify that the stats are based on :

"any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building, or on a school campus or grounds."

Then again, most gun nutz will totally ignore most of these stats because "They were not mass shootings" and normal weapon firing in school is totally normal...

It's not worth arguing at this point

What if a police officer was on school property and for some reason his gun misfires? Would that count or not?

What if a police officer was on school property and for some reason his gun misfires? Would that count or not?

Based on the definition, yup, it would count.

Are you trying to insinuate that a relevant amount of the 372 shootings could be because of a police officer unintentionally shooting his weapon on a school property?

Because that would be one hell of an exception, I'm sure that's not what you meant because you are smarter than that right?

Based on the definition, yup, it would count.

Are you trying to insinuate that a relevant amount of the 372 shootings could be because of a police officer unintentionally shooting his weapon on a school property?

Because that would be one hell of an exception, I'm sure that's not what you meant because you are smarter than that right?

why the fuck would I imply that? I'm just trying to have a conversation and hear what the anti-gun crowd has to say

Back