Thread de voyages

We stayed at the Melia during our last days in the DR, they have a PCR test center set up in one of the rooms of the resort. There were around 50 people in line with us for our batch of testing; easy to assume 250 people being tested a day there. At 100USD/test, do the math. Some serious bonus money being generated there.

On my flight back from BsAs last week I got selected for a random test with Dynacare at YUL. The amount of staff running the operation here boggled my mind.
Not to mention the waste created from all these tests.

next time you go to BsAs, head out to La Carniceria, low-key spot for steak near Palermo I think

next time you go to BsAs, head out to La Carniceria, low-key spot for steak near Palermo I think

Yea I've been there, love it.
I always stay in Palermo when I go!
Didn't do my research before going this time, their peso just keep falling, it's impressive.

Yea I've been there, love it.
I always stay in Palermo when I go!
Didn't do my research before going this time, their peso just keep falling, it's impressive.

We have some operations in Argentina. To fund our operations we use the "parallel" USD / ARS exchange rate that's offered by the banks there. As I later understood, the central bank allows some banks to do that or else currency movements would be essentially frozen as no one wants to transact at the central bank rate.

fucked.

We have some operations in Argentina. To fund our operations we use the "parallel" USD / ARS exchange rate that's offered by the banks there. As I later understood, the central bank allows some banks to do that or else currency movements would be essentially frozen as no one wants to transact at the central bank rate.

fucked.
Pas mal la meme chose dans les antilles avec le dollars caribbean (EC dollars) peut importe ca suit le US$

Pas mal la meme chose dans les antilles avec le dollars caribbean (EC dollars) peut importe ca suit le US$

non c'est un peu différent je pense, le EC dollar c'est leur banque centrale qui fixe le taux et eux ils ont une politique de pegger ca aux US.

En Argentine, ils "bypassent" le taux que leur offre la banque centrale parce que le taux ne reflete pas du tout l'offre et la demande du marché.

c'est comme un marché noir "toléré". les grandes banques internationales font ca.

non c'est un peu différent je pense, le EC dollar c'est leur banque centrale qui fixe le taux et eux ils ont une politique de pegger ca aux US.

En Argentine, ils "bypassent" le taux que leur offre la banque centrale parce que le taux ne reflete pas du tout l'offre et la demande du marché.

c'est comme un marché noir "toléré". les grandes banques internationales font ca.

Je comprends rien mais ca doit etre ca lol p-e deja trop bue

Je part en floride vendredi.
Criss j'ai hâte d'être au chaud. Pus écouter le superbowl sur le bord de la plage dans un club house.

Envoyé de mon SM-G998W en utilisant Tapatalk

fucked.
I was born there and I don't get why anyone outside of Argentina would want to do business/have offices in such a shit country (politically and economy). It's still the same shit as when I left 20 years ago.

But it is beautiful country that I'd love to go back but no more than 2 weeks at a time.

Also, it was my understanding that most Canadian banks don't do business with the central bank of Argentina/Argentinian banks due to the massive amounts of debt/risk.
Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

fucked.

The company I deal with trades globally in USD and we only deal with them in USD. Central bank doesn't allow advance or down payments anymore, so most foreign businesses cut ties with Argentina lately, even Brazilians. But who do I see increasingly set up shop every time I go? China.

The employees are paid in ARS and apparently their wages aren't catching up with the rapid inflation. Ask anyone to exchange some USD for ARS in the street and they'll gladly do it at the blue dollar rate (220ARS vs 110ARS for 1USD). When I first went in 2017 I'd get around 15ARS for 1USD.

Messed up country but historically beautiful and intriguing.

Do you have to deal with vaxpass, mask at the ski mountain resort ?

Only in gondola masks or face covering.

Vaccine proof is only needed for indoor dining and even then it’s mostly just show proof. No scanning and I’ve only been asked for ID a few times. Federal works fine. Places are so short staffed they just glance. Most places don’t care too much. Dining is full capacity either with extra space or glass dividers which are going in a week or two I’m told. We went to Kitsilano beach today and my friend said they removed the covid signs last week. Everyone was out today walking around. No more distancing anything

Everyone thinks Quebec is a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was born there and I don't get why anyone outside of Argentina would want to do business/have offices in such a shit country (politically and economy). It's still the same shit as when I left 20 years ago.

But it is beautiful country that I'd love to go back but no more than 2 weeks at a time.

Also, it was my understanding that most Canadian banks don't do business with the central bank of Argentina/Argentinian banks due to the massive amounts of debt/risk.
Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
For a cheap and relaxing trip (land in a big city, rent a car, do some beach/country side, eat, drink), would Argentina be comparable to let say Spain or Portugal in terms of ease and enjoyment/$?

For a cheap and relaxing trip (land in a big city, rent a car, do some beach/country side, eat, drink), would Argentina be comparable to let say Spain or Portugal in terms of ease and enjoyment/$?

I’d prefer renting a car in a big city in Spain than in Buenos Aires.

I really enjoyed Buenos Aires, it’s a shame we were limited in what we could do there because we found out my wife was pregnant a week before we left

I’d prefer renting a car in a big city in Spain than in Buenos Aires.

I really enjoyed Buenos Aires, it’s a shame we were limited in what we could do there because we found out my wife was pregnant a week before we left

My wife friends are Irish diplomats and were stationed in BA. We wanted to visit them a few years ago but they suggested against it as inflation was out of control (ironic comparing it to now) with huge cost of living even on diplomatic salaries. My cousin went 2.5 years ago and was buying top rack wine at 1/2 SAQ prices in restos, the owners all said the same “not much clientele left to buy it at dinner”

I really wanted to visit The Falklands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M'en vais au Brésil fin mars

Enfin un long courrier je suis pas allé loin depuis mars 2020 même si j'ai fait genre 100 segments depuis.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Je me souviens plus qui m'a donner le liens de BeeperMD pour le test pcr en Floride mais merci.

Ça va bien en maudit. Il viens faire le test chez vous pis ces gratis.

Bonus photo de pas dneige

44b4d92c465fe5f867ebb3494b7299c1.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G998W en utilisant Tapatalk

Back