Did you know that the SAAQ offers an exemption for winter tires in certain cases? Here is what is indicated on its website:
From December 15 to March 15, all taxis and passenger vehicles registered in Québec must be equipped with tires specially designed for winter driving.
Owners, co-owners or long-term lessees or co-lessees of a passenger vehicle registered inQuébec who wish to use their vehicle without winter tires for the following reasons:
- To leave or return to Québec (one certificate for each one-way trip). See the examples.
- To put a vehicle back on the road (licensing a stored vehicle)
- To cancel a leasing contract (before the end of the contract).
For those who think they might be able to drive all winter using summer tires, there is a limit to the exemption:
- The exemption is valid for 7 days.
- You can obtain no more than 4 certificates per vehicle each winter.
Still good to know! Discussion