There is no better feeling than watching your favourite supercars go whizzing around the race track, controlled by master drivers that love showing off. Auto racing is has a rich and colourful history, and is one of the world’s favourite spectator sports and it has always been linked to sports betting.
Different Types of Auto Racing
Auto racing is an umbrella term for a wide range of auto sports. Some of the most popular of which include:
- Drag Racing-Drag racing is a race between two vehicles, from a standing start, along a straight line. The very popular sport of drag racing has hundreds of sub-categories, which determine the length of the race, car requirements and so on.
- Stock Car Racing-Stock cars are essentially production based vehicles that are used for racing. Stock car racing is popular worldwide but more so in the Americas and the UK. NASCAR is the world’s largest governing organisation regarding stock car racing.
- Sports Car Racing-Sports car racing is between cars that have just two seats. These will usually be luxury cars such as Ferraris, Alpha Romeos and Aston Martins. Undoubtedly the most exciting sports car race in the world is the Le Mans 24-hour endurance race that takes place annually.
- Formula 1 Racing-Formula 1 or Grand Prix is heavily supported and races are held all over the world. Formula 1 cars have just a single seat, open wheel and cockpit and a mid engine.
How to Bet
Auto racing betting is simple and straightforward, and we have explained it below in just three steps:
- Step 1: Choose an online sportsbook- Choose an online sports betting site that has good credentials. Make sure that it offers auto racing, as there are many online bookies that exclude sports betting from their sports markets.
- Step 2: Create an Account- The process of creating an account differs from one sports betting site to another, but you’ll most likely have to provide contact information as well as personal documentation in order to get verified.
- Step 3: Place your Bets- Once your account has been activated, and you have made your first deposit, you can head on over to the sports betting section and start making bets.
Most betting sites like will provide information that will assist you in understanding how the various bets surrounding auto sports work. In most cases each driver in a race is given an odd represented as a fraction or decimal. The higher the odds of a driver winning means the more likely you will win but you’ll receive a lower return. A low odd on a driver means you are not as likely to win but if you do, you’ll make a huge profit.
Online Auto Betting Advantages
Twenty years ago, almost all bets were done through a bookkeeper but now we have the option to make all of our sports bets online. While some people are sceptical of online betting, there are many advantages.
One of the biggest advantages is that it is convenient and can be done from the comfort of your home. Another advantage is that it is safe and you do not run the risk of walking around with a large amount of money or cheque. Online sites often give you better insights, odds as well as promos.
Different Types of Bets
While the most popular bets are usually on which driver will win a specific race, many online sportsbooks get creative with their bets (or propositions) and come up with some truly unique ones. It is not unheard of for online bookmakers to offer bets based on what number car will win, if this number is odd or even or falls into a certain number bracket, which car will have the fastest lap and what brand the winning car will be.
Where to Bet
It is important to do thorough research to ensure that you bet at a safe, secure and trusted online bookie. The sportsbook should have all their regulations in place and the more accolades the better. One of the most trusted online sports betting sites which offers auto racing bets is 888 poker. The bookie has a great reputation and offers a wide range of sports markets, poker games which include a guide on how to play poker hands and helpful advice.