2016 F1 Thread

CyrZCQgWIAAGNr2.jpg

Pretty sure Bottas is locked and Williams wants someone with more experience to run alongside Stroll.

You are also forgetting that Toto is Bottas Manager.. The only way Alonso is getting out of McLaren is if he has a performance clause. Bottas would be a solid No.2 driver, ALO and HAM will just be more drama. So does Mercedes get a solid No.2 or have drama? Do they promote WEH?

You are also forgetting that Toto is Bottas Manager.. The only way Alonso is getting out of McLaren is if he has a performance clause. Bottas would be a solid No.2 driver, ALO and HAM will just be more drama. So does Mercedes get a solid No.2 or have drama? Do they promote WEH?
If they want to avoid all the drama they had in the past years, they should get a #2 driver. So the question is who want to be the next Barrichello? :)

Last May, didn't Toto said, something like: " Alonso would be my first choice if Nico doesn't renew contract at the end of the season ".
I'm pretty sure he said it.
So why not?
But I actually see Pascal Wehrlein coming...

Last May, didn't Toto said, something like: " Alonso would be my first choice if Nico doesn't renew contract at the end of the season ".
I'm pretty sure he said it.
So why not?
But I actually see Pascal Wehrlein coming...

Hamilton might actually have something in this contract about having ALO around.. Knowing ALO luck he will leave McLaren and McLaren will win WCC next year

I am still thinking Bottas to Mercedes, WEH to Williams with Mercedes giving Williams free engines or a MASSIVE cash payment. Bottas has shown pace in a mid/top tier team, Williams could use the buy out money, Toto manages Bottas and used be a part owner of Williams. Wehrlein's got to prove himself in a midfield car before going top tier. There is also the demand that Stuttgart want's a GERMAN driver so they might push for WEH from the start.

How 2016 standings should have been, if everybody would have the same car .
By Andrew Davis.

1. Fernando Alonso

2. Max Verstappen

3. Carlos Sainz

4. Sebastian Vettel

5. Daniel Ricciardo

6. Lewis Hamilton

7. Nico Rosberg

8. Kimi Räikkönen

9. Jenson Button

10. Valtteri Bottas

11. Felipe Nasr

12. Sergio Pérez

13. Marcus Ericsson

14. Romain Grosjean

15. Daniil Kvyat

16. Felipe Massa

17. Pascal Wehrlein

18. Kevin Magnussen

19. Esteban Ocon

20. Nico Hülkenberg

21. Jolyon Palmer

22. Rio Haryanto

23. Esteban Gutiérrez

How 2016 standings should have been, if everybody would have the same car .
By Andrew Davis.

1. Fernando Alonso

2. Max Verstappen

3. Carlos Sainz

4. Sebastian Vettel

5. Daniel Ricciardo

6. Lewis Hamilton

7. Nico Rosberg

8. Kimi Räikkönen

9. Jenson Button

10. Valtteri Bottas

11. Felipe Nasr

12. Sergio Pérez

13. Marcus Ericsson

14. Romain Grosjean

15. Daniil Kvyat

16. Felipe Massa

17. Pascal Wehrlein

18. Kevin Magnussen

19. Esteban Ocon

20. Nico Hülkenberg

21. Jolyon Palmer

22. Rio Haryanto

23. Esteban Gutiérrez

I don't even understand the point of this, speculation at it's best.

I don't even understand the point of this, speculation at it's best.

There are many...
Like this
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127475/verstappen-set-f1-overtaking-record-in-2016

* Max Verstappen this year completed the most overtaking moves by a single Formula 1 driver in a single season
*Pirelli said Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton completed the most overtaking manoeuvres in a single race with 18 in the Chinese GP, which he started from the back.
*Sebastian Vettel was the driver who was overtaken the least, just once - when Verstappen passed him in Brazil for fifth.
* Fernando Alonso gained the most positions on the opening laps of races, with 41 in his McLaren-Honda.

There are many...
Like this
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127475/verstappen-set-f1-overtaking-record-in-2016

* Max Verstappen this year completed the most overtaking moves by a single Formula 1 driver in a single season
*Pirelli said Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton completed the most overtaking manoeuvres in a single race with 18 in the Chinese GP, which he started from the back.
*Sebastian Vettel was the driver who was overtaken the least, just once - when Verstappen passed him in Brazil for fifth.
* Fernando Alonso gained the most positions on the opening laps of races, with 41 in his McLaren-Honda.

Yeah but those are stats/facts....the list of drivers is nonsense...

Yeah but those are stats/facts....the list of drivers is nonsense...

If you can't read , what can I say.
Read his blogs and articles...you will see his reasons / arguments.

On another note...Williams asked Massa to stay one more year ? Really....

Back