Porsche 718 (boxster) Turbo 4 confirm

skype17

74962a67a967fb10f5bdf16a9ad7aa53.jpg
007a86e00a9f8fa7002612faf3bc7c6d.jpg
eeff4b80d29242095753d841ad76ffa8.jpg

The biggest news concerns the flat-fours. The regular 718 Boxster will get a 2.0-liter, turbocharged flat-four producing 300 hp. The 718 Boxster S will get an extra half-liter of displacement and a variable-geometry turbocharger to produce a total of 350 hp. This represents a 35 hp gain over the current Boxster and Boxster S, respectively. Porsche also claims the turbo fours improve fuel economy by around 13 percent. By the NEDC European test cycle, the 2.0-liter gets roughly 34 mpg and the 2.5 gets 32 mpg, although rest assured that EPA test results will yield different numbers than the optimistic European test.

Torque gains with the new boxer fours are significant. The 2.0-liter gains 74 lb-ft of torque for a total of 280 lb-ft from 1,950 to 4,500 RPM. The 2.5 gains less, 43 lb-ft, for a total of 309 lb-ft over the same rev range. The extra torque and wide torque band make the 718 Boxster quicker to 60 mph, at least when equipped with the PDK gearbox and the Sport Chrono Package. The 2.0-liter car does the deed in 4.5 seconds, a 0.7-second improvement, and the 2.5-liter car is claimed to hit 60 mph in 4.0 seconds, a 0.5-second improvement.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/26/...cial/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015#slide-3780242

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry, was completely out of the loop about this. Will the boxster still be available with a flat 6? like a "normal non-718" version?

Idk how I feel about this, i love the fact that the new engines produce more bhp, torque and are more fuel efficient. I also know this is far from the first time Porsche has made a flat 4 engine. But there are few things in life i love more an good old Porsche flat 6... I really hope the Cayman will have a Flat 6 option in the near future.

91what?

Finalement, la Cayman et Boxster auront un Flat-4T et 911 un Flat6T.

Il reste que ça semble être des voitures plus joviales en conduite qu'une 911. (dreaming of à Cayman GTS)

Sorry, was completely out of the loop about this. Will the boxster still be available with a flat 6? like a "normal non-718" version?

Nop

Mon boss c'est commandé les dernière Cayman gts sans turbo . Il voulais attendre mais il voulais vraiment pas turbo donc il as mis sa 1M a vendre et as commandé une Cayman Gts pour ce printemps. Il as précipité sont choix a cause de sa.

Idk how I feel about this, i love the fact that the new engines produce more bhp, torque and are more fuel efficient. I also know this is far from the first time Porsche has made a flat 4 engine. But there are few things in life i love more an good old Porsche flat 6... I really hope the Cayman will have a Flat 6 option in the near future.

You hope they introduce a flat 6 Cayman or you hope they keep it? If you meant the latter, I agree it would be a shame to get rid of it since the Cayman finally has gotten the engine it deserves. However, with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if even 911's of the future are powered by a turbo 4.

You hope they introduce a flat 6 Cayman or you hope they keep it? If you meant the latter, I agree it would be a shame to get rid of it since the Cayman finally has gotten the engine it deserves. However, with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if even 911's of the future are powered by a turbo 4.

What i meant is I hope it is available with a flat 6, weither they keep the current one or introduce a new flat 6 down the line (which i doubt) doesnt really matter. As long as it has a flat 6 option. But isnt the rumour that the cayman will have the same engine options as the boxster? because thats my main concern. I appreciate the boxster because its the car that really helped turn things around for Porsche. But the Cayman is my favorite porsche atm. specifically the GT4S lol.

Itll be a cold day in hell the day Porsche drops anything but a flat 6 in a 911. Purist would go ape shit. Hell even the engineers would probably go ape shit if the higher ups made them do it.

What i meant is I hope it is available with a flat 6, weither they keep the current one or introduce a new flat 6 down the line (which i doubt) doesnt really matter. As long as it has a flat 6 option. But isnt the rumour that the cayman will have the same engine options as the boxster? because thats my main concern. I appreciate the boxster because its the car that really helped turn things around for Porsche. But the Cayman is my favorite porsche atm. specifically the GT4S lol.

Itll be a cold day in hell the day Porsche drops anything but a flat 6 in a 911. Purist would go ape shit. Hell even the engineers would probably go ape shit if the higher ups made them do it.

Cayman GTS will have a Flat 6 T i think . (need to confirm)

"However, it could see the six-cylinder engine disappear entirely from the Boxster and Cayman lineups – any remaining six-pot models would likely cannibalise sales from the new four-cylinder cars."

Back