Should I sell my GTI 07 for an 08 Eos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its totally a chick car but who cares, when its tastefully modded it looks sick..

I drive a chick car (beelte) and I care less what people think...even though people like it

i would say NO but after seeing the first EOS with the hood uup THO! its soo sexy!.....and not alot of ppl have modded an EOS so you would turn heads!.....I SAY DO IT but the convertibal sucks thoo put a custom hard top or something lol

forget about the girlie car thing...

lets just take example of the Miata which is consider by a lot of people like a car for woman but can beat a lot of car on the track....

de plus, les eos sont assez rare , ce qui la rend interessant sur la route.. tachete la voiture pour toi et non pour les autres !

EOS are really nice! Do it, be different! I'm sure you'll enjoy riding a cabriolet in the summer.

If it's not like sandro pics or like this :

pimp_my_eos_chostar_5.jpg

Don't do it lol...
I mean...it looks like a girl car is its not tuned...

41c7451875bb10048fa30003ba77f966_300x0.jpg

c'mon....lol

Chi: NO...the Eos is a chick's car! I saw a few around and it was always driven by women. I'm not saying the Eos is ugly, but it's a chick's car.

what happened to your Bimmer 135 project?

You know they are two different cars so it's really up to you to decide which one fits your wants and needs. Do you plan on modding the car? Will it be your daily? Do you have kids? Need trunk space? etc etc

I was gonna bash you until sandro posted some pics, damn it looks good with a bit of aftermarket love.

My wife drives an eos and I got a gti same thing as you. I don't know if the eos is a chick car but it's a definite chick magnet and there's nothing wrong with that :p

Stock it sure doesnt' feel as sporty as the gti. The engine doesn't have a sporty sounds although it pulls just as hard, an exhaust and air intake combo should fix that. The suspension is on the plush side and not as responsive as the gti, it's soft but nothing bilstein can't fix. Handling is near gti still. When you're sitting in an eos it feels like sitting in a jet cockpit with all the light coming from the large windows and huge sunroof, sitting in the gti after a ride in the eos specially with the antharcite headliner feels like being in a cave :) outside visibility in the eos is mostly better than the gti too (mine's a two door there's a huge blind spot). Seats are not as good (no sports seat like the leather in the gti) but still ok. Trunk space is huge believe me when the top is up you've got plenty of space like any other regular sedan/coupe out there. Top down driving is awesome but I don't feel like talking about it with all that snow outside!

On the bad side it has some quirks. Like my gti and my old golf before it the windows tend to freeze and refuse to go down when it gets really cold and windy (usually needs both to happen). With an eos this is fatal as there's no door frame so you can force the door open but you can't close it back until they go down, maybe the dealer has a fix I'm not sure, I have a garage. When this happens in my gti I just don't go to the mcdonald's drive-in that day lol. When it happened on my old golf the window fell inside the door so I guess the eos is somewhere in between... The top consists in a number of metal panels tightly sealed with rubber seals. When hitting bumps or potholes it shakes and it can get noisy in the winter because the rubber seals dry up. Never got any leakage though this is good, and no noise in the summer time. Also there's no xenon headlights if you drive a lot at night you'll notice it, on a 40k$ car go figure.

^^ they have projector lamps like the beetle though, nothing a retro-fit HID kit cant fix

PS- Nice review!

I find it looks like a mercedes when its moddified... Looks really cool and can be a good tuner because it has the power :)

Like someone said already is it a daily driver or is it a summer beauty :) if it is a summer beauty tune her up but if its a daily driver I say stick with GTI... just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back